[Rom] KaguDroid 1.3 ERE36B (26/02/10)

Guest Lox-

• 2 weeks later...
Guest king_of_tuxland

I've installed KaguDroid 1.1 this morning, and it works fine.

It's not as speedy as MCR 3.x, but who cares it is Eclair :)

Running very stable, no FC the last 4 hours. Market works 100% also with paid apps. Network Location also works.

And it has 7 Screens :-D

I'm coming from MCR 3.2, but i think this will be "my" ROM till Paul releases MCR based on 2.1.

Thanks to Lox for this great work

I've installed KaguDroid 1.1 this morning, and it works fine.

It's not as speedy as MCR 3.x, but who cares it is Eclair :)

Running very stable, no FC the last 4 hours. Market works 100% also with paid apps. Network Location also works.

And it has 7 Screens :-D

I'm coming from MCR 3.2, but i think this will be "my" ROM till Paul releases MCR based on 2.1.

Thanks to Lox for this great work

MCR used a custom kernel with compcache and more. We, for now, use a htc's .29 kernel, but we are getting close to have a custom .27 kernel working with eclair roms. I hope it will be soon so we can improve performances of all eclair roms.

:) Hi all,

Must say this ROM Rocks !! So, first, thanks to Master Lox.

But...(yes, ther's always a slight "but" that comes after a thank), using the Youtube links is a little bit strange. On any video I launch, I have a message that the video can not be read, nevertheless, I can see it in background, behind the error message box, still playing (sound+image). Any idea, guyz ?

Many thanks, I realyy enjoy flashing all day long, such a fun...

Keep on the HAaaard work.

Guest king_of_tuxland
MCR used a custom kernel with compcache and more. We, for now, use a htc's .29 kernel, but we are getting close to have a custom .27 kernel working with eclair roms. I hope it will be soon so we can improve performances of all eclair roms.

Good to know :-) When is the release planned? Any idea?

Keep on the hard and very good work

Guest Stevie B

Just installed v1.1 and am impressed. Like the 2.1 style...

My findings:

Unable to sync googlemail contacts for some reason, however did sync my two calendars - will continue to play. Camera is much snapier (see what I did there :)). Like very much the 3d gallery. Nice to see bluetooth finally working, but boy does the battery drain...

Can't get phone to vibrate on key entry when typing even though option is ticked in settings (there does seem to be two entries for the keyboard settings???)

Can this build use apps installed on the sdcard (came from modaco custom build so would be nice)

Thx to Lox

Guest Reynholm Industries

I like the look and function, but the battery drain is a bit of an issue, also no bluetooth calls in the car.

I will be keeping my eye on it though. Thanks for the great work.

MG

Guest werziluk

Lox well done with this ROM.

Everything works flawlessly except the things you have already stated as not working.

I love the homescreen rotate :) Any chance of this ROM hitting the kitchen: P

I love the homescreen rotate :) Any chance of this ROM hitting the kitchen: P

Well it is up to Paul to make an online kitchen of it.

1.1.3 is out with a new launcher design.

Guest werziluk

Its a shame but I think people are missing out on this ROM because you need to sign up to another site to download. Lox do you want me to provide a mirror or do you want it left on HTC Pedia?

This is easily the best 2.1 ROM:

Syncing of market, contacts, gmail etc works perfectly straight away.

No need to download another browser, this includes the latest browser with cyanogen's multi touch customisations.

Homescreens support rotate.

Maps is easy to uninstall if you want a different version.

Apps2SD is easily switched on and off.

Nice modified launcher by Lox himself.

I have been using this ROM for 2 days heavily and not had any signal issues and not one single force close B)

Heres a few pics :)

post-437400-1264503998_thumb.pngpost-437400-1264503984_thumb.pngpost-437400-1264504015_thumb.png

Edited by werziluk

Guest paulsmith

I've just tried KaguDroid for the first time - 1.1.3 and it is really good.

No lockups yet - been running for half a day with no problems so far (apart from the stated).

Any chance the rom could have the busy box tools like the MCR?

Guest padstar

Flashed KaguDroid 1.1.3 this morning and I'm loving it so far. I thought I would miss HTC's Sense more, but to be honest I think I can happily live without it. Speed and stability rock. Very awsome Lox. Thanks :)

Its a shame but I think people are missing out on this ROM because you need to sign up to another site to download. Lox do you want me to provide a mirror or do you want it left on HTC Pedia?

This is easily the best 2.1 ROM:

Syncing of market, contacts, gmail etc works perfectly straight away.

No need to download another browser, this includes the latest browser with cyanogen's multi touch customisations.

Homescreens support rotate.

Maps is easy to uninstall if you want a different version.

Apps2SD is easily switched on and off.

Nice modified launcher by Lox himself.

I have been using this ROM for 2 days heavily and not had any signal issues and not one single force close B)

Heres a few pics :)

post-437400-1264503998_thumb.pngpost-437400-1264503984_thumb.pngpost-437400-1264504015_thumb.png

Sorry didn't see the pictures in the first post!

Edited by EbiEre

Guest PrinceDwi

I've been using 1.1.1 and now went to 1.1.3, wonderful 2.1 rom! Just wondering, is this rom using hardware acceleration for the ui? it seems a tiny bit sluggish and was just wondering if this was opengl related or not since it's not derived from an official HTC 2.1 rom.

Edited by PrinceDwi

Guest werziluk
How fast is this rom compared to MCR 3.2?

Its not the snappiest vanilla ROM but compared to MCR (which uses Sense) its just as quick. Admittedly it is not as quick as some other Vanilla ROM's.