Can't call or text any more

Guest Pug77

Purchased a Pulse three weeks ago. Using the Stock T-mobile ROM, rooted and unlocked. Never had any other ROM installed.

The problem: Unable to make or receive calls, unable to send or receive texts.

The OS is working fine and the data is active will download email and Gtalk.

I have a Vodafone SIM in the phone and have tried a T-mobile PAYG SIM, both have the same problem.

Have tried both SIMs in two other phones - Nokia 7610 and HTC Touch Plus and the SIM work fine.

It appear the Pulse has developed a fault.

I have tried a factory reset through the menu options and also wipe and recover using Quick Boot.

Anyone got ideas where I go from here?

i'm also having some issues with my pulse. today the phone hes turned itself off and on again three times over the course of the day.

all i have done is unlocked it

Vodafone are sending out a replacement SIM.

Also T-mobile have blocked the IMEI for both the Pulse phone I purchased using two different credit cards. It is being handled by the fraud department. They wont tell me who has requested the block or why it was requested. I cannot contact the fraud department directly. CS wont help me. I faxed the requested documents to T-mobile but no response so far.

Both phones were unlocked using the service promoted on this board. The only third party with access to my IMEI. I'm not pointing fingers just stating all the facts. I have never had a phone blacklisted. To have one phone blacklisted could be an error somewhere with someone typing a number but two phones is very odd. I have a very strong credit rating. I bought one phone with a debit card and the other with a credit card. The transactions went through mid Dec and the phones have been blocked from 1st or 2nd Jan 2010.

Vodafone are sending out a replacement SIM.

Also T-mobile have blocked the IMEI for both the Pulse phone I purchased using two different credit cards. It is being handled by the fraud department. They wont tell me who has requested the block or why it was requested. I cannot contact the fraud department directly. CS wont help me. I faxed the requested documents to T-mobile but no response so far.

Both phones were unlocked using the service promoted on this board. The only third party with access to my IMEI. I'm not pointing fingers just stating all the facts. I have never had a phone blacklisted. To have one phone blacklisted could be an error somewhere with someone typing a number but two phones is very odd. I have a very strong credit rating. I bought one phone with a debit card and the other with a credit card. The transactions went through mid Dec and the phones have been blocked from 1st or 2nd Jan 2010.

I got the impression from one of his posts that the person who provides the unlocking service we are all using gets the codes from tmobile themselves (maybe a contact who works for them). Perhaps they have noticed that a different name was used to pay for the code than the one on the account and they blocked it automatically. Will be a pain if this affects more people!

I cant get any answers from T-mobile. CS dont have any information why the phones were blacklisted or who requested the blacklist, they have said it is all in the hand of the fraud department. They only have a fax number for the Fraud department, so I have sent all the necessary documents through. I have to wait for a response from the Fraud department which can take upto 7 days but no one can confirm if they have received the fax.

The phones were purchased by myself through T-mobile website.

Edited by Pug77

I cant get any answers from T-mobile. CS dont have any information why the phones were blacklisted or who requested the blacklist, they have said it is all in the hand of the fraud department. They only have a fax number for the Fraud department, so I have sent all the necessary documents through. I have to wait for a response from the Fraud department which can take upto 7 days but no one can confirm if they have received the fax.

The phones were purchased by myself through T-mobile website.

Have you checked the card you paid for the phones with, maybe the transaction bounced?

Guest jonathonf

Hmm... you ordered /two/ phones with /two/ different cards? At the same time (as in same hour)?

That'll be it. There are a lot of checks on mobile phones - people ordering two at once, for example, went through extra checks.

I made the order with a member of the sales staff on the phone. They said it would be fine to use two different cards.

Why did it take just over two weeks to pick up and block?

I have spoken to the credit card companies, T-mobile hasn't contact either company to investigate the transactions.