Cant get 3g working on my Pulse, Help pls

Guest gamer9

Guest gamer9

Im currently using my Pulse on the O2 network and i can send and receive calls/texts but i cant get it to work on 3g. Where the 3g icon should be it displays the letter "E" instead with the signal bars underneath it. Does anyone know how to get it to work on the 3g network? What settings should I use?

Thx for your time

Guest starkos
Im currently using my Pulse on the O2 network and i can send and receive calls/texts but i cant get it to work on 3g. Where the 3g icon should be it displays the letter "E" instead with the signal bars underneath it. Does anyone know how to get it to work on the 3g network? What settings should I use?

Thx for your time

Hey, first make sure that in settings/wireless controls/mobile networks you haven't ticked 'use only 2g networks'. And if that isn't ticked your prob just not in an area that has good o2 3g reception lol! :)

Guest gamer9

Thx i had it ticked! However on the APN's menu i have mobile.o2.co.uk selected but when i actually click it most of it says "not set". Should this even by like this?

Thanks

Edit - for some reason when using the browser it doesn't display the 3G icon - it still displays the "E" icon. Every now and then it will display the 3g icon but the bars are greyed out as if no data is being sent yet the bars will be white when the E icon is displayed - as if data is being sent.

Edited by gamer9

Guest starkos

Yea that sounds normal (if on contract, not sure bout payg), and those settings shouldn't effect network reception anyway. There's a few threads in this forum with other settings in if u wanted to try them out for the sake of it too.

Guest gamer9
Are you sure you had a 3G Sim?

I had the same problem, turned out my Sim card was so old it wouldn't let me access 3G networks!

Hmm well i got my sim card in July 2009 so i should be ok im guessing. I just need to have the 3g working as its was so much more faster when i had the t mobile sim in the phone when using 3g. Plus i live in London so area/location shouldn't be an issue.

Guest Shuflie
Hmm well i got my sim card in July 2009 so i should be ok im guessing. I just need to have the 3g working as its was so much more faster when i had the t mobile sim in the phone when using 3g. Plus i live in London so area/location shouldn't be an issue.

You do realise that O2 have been having major problems with their mobile data service in London due to the number of iPhone users there don't you?