Motorola Milestone USB modem

Guest joker16

Guest joker16

First a happy 2010 everybody ! :)

I have the Milestone for a couple of days now and I'm very happy !

I offcourse installed PDANET to use my Milestone as a 3g modem, but I saw something when I connected my phone to my windows computer with a USB cable in the "Motorola phone tools" mode.... A "Motorola USB Modem" showed up as a device and is also present in the windows control panel (device manager)

I've managed to connect to this modem by setting up a windows dial-up connection when using *99# as the phone number, but alas I coundn't connect to the internet. I think (guessing) this has to do with some script the modem needs to actually dial to your APN or a dial-up program analog to that supplied with the T-mobile Pulse.

Is it true that Motorola used to supply a program called "Motorola phone tools" with dial-up capability with the older generation Motorolas ?

If this is true, maybe they offer it for the milestone soon ?????

• 1 month later...
Guest joker16
First a happy 2010 everybody ! ;)

I have the Milestone for a couple of days now and I'm very happy !

I offcourse installed PDANET to use my Milestone as a 3g modem, but I saw something when I connected my phone to my windows computer with a USB cable in the "Motorola phone tools" mode.... A "Motorola USB Modem" showed up as a device and is also present in the windows control panel (device manager)

I've managed to connect to this modem by setting up a windows dial-up connection when using *99# as the phone number, but alas I coundn't connect to the internet. I think (guessing) this has to do with some script the modem needs to actually dial to your APN or a dial-up program analog to that supplied with the T-mobile Pulse.

Is it true that Motorola used to supply a program called "Motorola phone tools" with dial-up capability with the older generation Motorolas ?

If this is true, maybe they offer it for the milestone soon ?????

No need for that now, Wifi-tether for root users works just fine :-)

Edited by joker16