Verizon i920 Upgrade

Guest Bern612

Got my replacement phone, upgraded on vista machine. and it took. I assume all of us bricked phones were using window 7 64. bit. All day before my phone arrived i tried to restore my bricked phone. Xp, vista, and windows 7. The funny thing is windows 7 was the only on that would let me go into recovery mode. Still stopped at 31%.

Guest jaycarl

Has anyone successfully installed the update using Windows 7 32 or 64 bit?

My buddy just called me saying his phone no longer works after installing the update using Windows 7 32bit.

Guest Robtao

Edit: Deleted what was already covered in previous posts.

Maybe this hasn't been mentioned:

From

http://www.samsung.com/us/i920/update/

Besides: Maintenance Release 1 (CK24) containing Qualcomm 1x/EVDO Call Drop Patch

"Samsung has released a software upgrade for the SCH-i920, which is recommended to be installed. This upgrade includes numerous software additions/enhancements/corrections. The update may take up to 10 minutes to complete if the system is already set up.

Edited by Robtao

Guest surgex

"Samsung has released a software upgrade for the SCH-i920, which is recommended to be installed. This upgrade includes numerous software additions/enhancements/corrections. The update may take up to 10 minutes to complete if the system is already set up.

This is one thing that has always pissed me off about smartphones, is that most of them do not have proper changelogs when firmware upgrades are available (not just WM).

Would be really nice to know exactly what these "additions, enhancements, and corrections" are.

Guest Omega Ra
This is one thing that has always pissed me off about smartphones, is that most of them do not have proper changelogs when firmware upgrades are available (not just WM).

Would be really nice to know exactly what these "additions, enhancements, and corrections" are.

agreed. maybe we should e-mail samsung and try to get a list...

Guest dwallersv
Well I called Samsung and asked about a more detailed changelog. and apparently it is ony the phone patch, nothing else.

Okay... but what is fixed in the patch, and why would I want it?

Guest Omega Ra

yeah what steel said. it's just a patch having to do with call quality, so if you don't have any issues with your calls or dropped calls then don't upgrade yet.

Well I called Samsung and asked about a more detailed changelog. and apparently it is ony the phone patch, nothing else.

Heh, that is EXACTLY what I figured.