Stock screen protector

Guest MBK6

Hi Guys

Im getting my Liquid tomorrow (Yay!)

I have seen some discussion about the quality of the stock screen protector.

As I like the idea of having a screen protector, I'm temted to try the stock one.

I have some questions:

- Can I try using the phone without the protector, to get the feel of it, and still put the protector on afterwards without any issues, or must it go on from 1 second?

- If I put on the protector, is it possible to remove it again? Is it difficult to remove? Will it leave residue or forever mark the screen?

- How do you clean your screen with / without protector?

Please give me some feedback.

Edit:

Okay, got my Liquid.

I put on the stock screen protector, and the sensitivity seems to be the same. The screen does get really oily with the stock screen protector, much more than the screen without any screen protector.

I found this annoying, so I have bought the 3M one and put that one on.

It semms to get less oily, but you can still see the fingerprints. The cut-out on the 3M is not as precise around the speaker, the 3M has a larger hole than the stock screen protector.

I have only had the 3M on for a very short while, I will do a more thorough review later.

It is not easy for me to put either of the screen protectors on, and they both have a little air at the borders, that I can not seems to get away, the 3M seems to have more air than the stock, but perhaps this will change with some usage.

Again, I will update this later.

Edit2:

I have been using the 3M protector on my Liquid for a while now. My girlfriend bought a red Liquid, and is using the stock protector.

I have compared the stock and the 3M side by side. There is no difference to me.

To sum it up, the 3M, is in my opinion no better than the stock protector (no worse either, or the cut out around the speaker is a worse on the 3M than the stock).

I would have kept the stock protector and saved my money if I knew, what I know now.

Sincerely

MBK6

Edited by MBK6

Guest lucian785
Hi Guys

As I like the idea of having a screen protector, I'm temted to try the stock one.

I have some questions:

- Can I try using the phone without the protector, to get the feel of it, and still put the protector on afterwards without any issues, or must it go on from 1 second?

- If I put on the protector, is it possible to remove it again? Is it difficult to remove? Will it leave residue or forever mark the screen?

Sincerely

MBK6

1. Acer screen protector is crap.

2. yes you can remove the screen protector very easy, it will not leave any marks.

3. you can use you phone without the screen protector because the screen is made of glass, my screen after two weeks of usage is like new. If you work in a construction site you better put one.

4. if you really want a good one try 3M i have used their screen protector for 3 years and i must say they are the best in my opinion, no bubbles , easy to apply, very very scrach resistent. http://cgi.ebay.de/Vikuiti-DQC-160-Display...=item5ad5e11206

5. i'm cleaning the screen with my teashirt :) tommy, nike doesnt'n matter as long as is cotton or microfiber.

Hope it helps!

1. Acer screen protector is crap.

2. yes you can remove the screen protector very easy, it will not leave any marks.

3. you can use you phone without the screen protector because the screen is made of glass, my screen after two weeks of usage is like new. If you work in a construction site you better put one.

4. if you really want a good one try 3M i have used their screen protector for 3 years and i must say they are the best in my opinion, no bubbles , easy to apply, very very scrach resistent. http://cgi.ebay.de/Vikuiti-DQC-160-Display...=item5ad5e11206

5. i'm cleaning the screen with my teashirt :) tommy, nike doesnt'n matter as long as is cotton or microfiber.

Hope it helps!

It helps! Thanks!

I'll try using it without the screen protector for a couple of hours, put it on and see if I can feel/see any difference.

I could also pop the dSLR up, and take few snaps with/without the protector, so we can document it.

Sincerely

MBK6

Just bought one - Vikuitiā„¢ DQC-160

Please tell me if you are more pleased with it, when you get it. If you'll think it's better then the stock screen protector, maybe I should get one :)

I have been using the Liquid today, without the stock screen protector and have now installed it.

There are no noticable difference in sensitivity, so far as I can tell, but the screen protector seems to be get a lot more grease and glare from the fingers.

Also, when I installed it, I tried to get rid of an air bubble with a piece of plastic, and it leaved a small scratch. The screen protector seems to get scratches a lot easier than the real screen.

Sincerely

MBK6

• 5 weeks later...
Guest daft009

Finally got around to installing my Vikuiti screen protector (after bout 4wks)

Definitely better in the finger print department.

Accuracy seems slightly better so far but need to do some more testing.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Guys

I have some questions:

Edit:

Okay, got my Liquid.

I put on the stock screen protector, and the sensitivity seems to be the same. The screen does get really oily with the stock screen protector, much more than the screen without any screen protector.

I found this annoying, so I have bought the 3M one and put that one on.

It semms to get less oily, but you can still see the fingerprints. The cut-out on the 3M is not as precise around the speaker, the 3M has a larger hole than the stock screen protector.

I have only had the 3M on for a very short while, I will do a more thorough review later.

It is not easy for me to put either of the screen protectors on, and they both have a little air at the borders, that I can not seems to get away, the 3M seems to have more air than the stock, but perhaps this will change with some usage.

Again, I will update this later.

Sincerely

MBK6