Acer Liquid Extended/Replacement Batteries

Guest chingy1788

Guest Charlton22

Ohh Yeah! If its really 2000mAh this would be such a great improvement.

The think is that I personally don't trust china manufacturers.. Every one describes his items as he likes!

It difficult that one manufacture could build a 2000mAh Battery on the same dimensions of 1350mAh one...

But on the other hands its worthed to give it a try! :)

just order it :)

As member of French forums, I'll keep you posted on this.

Friends of mine ordered 2000 mAh batteries for Liquid.

But as far as I know, many fake capacities are claimed on ebay, once you open the battery.

At best, I expect those 2000 mAh to be 1650 mAh.

If it really were that cheap and that easy to fit almost twice the capacity in, I guess Acer would have done it without an hesitation, considering their not yet perfect power management.

Don't you think ?

Guest chunga

Well we will see, but considering that it's allways good to have a spare battery, I didn't mind taking the risc. Even if it is only 1350 mAh...

Edited by chunga

Guest dawabz94

Yaaakk!!!

I was searching for a bigger battery

Thanks a lot

Just ordered mine (€16.48 EUR - shipping included)

I'll try to report back when I receive it

Thanks a lot !

Guest chingy1788

It is possible to add more battery power to the same sized battery

Andida G1 replacement batteries are 1600mAh (and really are, well close)

and the original G1 battery is 1150mAh?

So about 40% improvement

The Liquid's battery is about 50% larger than the G1's so I'm expecting up t0 1900mAh in an Acer's extended battery

hmmmm

2000mAh... stretching it there

Guest luthepa1

I'm willing to bet its legit. working in the medical industry I often see 3rd party battery suppliers selling same size batteries with bigger capacities. The reason companies like Acer in this case dont is perhaps they need to play it safe. Or need to conform to some kind of regulation. Could be any reason. I mean they dont want to have a product recall or anything because of batteries getting too hot and blowing up!!! Like Sony had a while back with their laptop batts of certain laptop models that be exploding on air planes.

Edited by luthepa1

Guest dawabz94
I'm willing to bet its legit. working in the medical industry I often see 3rd party battery suppliers selling same size batteries with bigger capacities. The reason companies like Acer in this case dont is perhaps they need to play it safe. Or need to conform to some kind of regulation. Could be any reason. I mean they dont want to have a product recall or anything because of batteries getting too hot and blowing up!!! Like Sony had a while back with their laptop batts of certain laptop models that be exploding on air planes.

well I'm using a mugen 1550mah battery [same size as original one] for my hero and know some twitter users who reported using 2600mah even 3000mah mugen batteries with no issue

... it worth being tried I think

Guest black beard
Maybe someone should try first :)

I ordered mine early in the week - am currently keeping a log of OEM battery performance (% usage / hour from full charge) and will compare with the new one when it arrives and post here.

Hoping it's an improvement, but not holding my breath - been stung by dodgy stuff on ebay before.

Guest JackTheMan18
I ordered mine early in the week - am currently keeping a log of OEM battery performance (% usage / hour from full charge) and will compare with the new one when it arrives and post here.

Hoping it's an improvement, but not holding my breath - been stung by dodgy stuff on ebay before.

I just ordered mine; I will report on Monday with results;

However - does anyone know how to measure the actual amperage?

(I have a voltmeter, but i just don't know how to use it.)

I ordered this because I want a spare battery - even if it is only the "normal" size.

By the way, I have found that the battery on this phone is perfectly adequate if you use it just as a phone. The use of internet, GPS, wifi will drain ANY battery very quickly. The battery usage is directly comparable to other HTC android phones (which I have previously used).

Guest Charlton22
I just ordered mine; I will report on Monday with results;

However - does anyone know how to measure the actual amperage?

(I have a voltmeter, but i just don't know how to use it.)

I ordered this because I want a spare battery - even if it is only the "normal" size.

By the way, I have found that the battery on this phone is perfectly adequate if you use it just as a phone. The use of internet, GPS, wifi will drain ANY battery very quickly. The battery usage is directly comparable to other HTC android phones (which I have previously used).

Hmmm... so.. The mAh cannot be checked with a voltmeter. (Volt meter is used to check the Voltage, Current...)

Therefore, mAh means, that if the battery rating is 1350mAh (1.350Ah).

So it is capable to supply 1.350A for 1hr.

And the 2000mAh is capable to supply 2A for 1hr.

So lets say the device drain 100mA/hr***

The 1350mAh will have enough power to supply the device for 13.5hrs and

The 2000mAh will heve enough power to supply the device for 20hrs.

This would be nice if the 2000mAh the seller stated would be real!

*** I took the 100mA/hr as a sample power usage.

Guest Lorents

I guess the easiest way to measure the capacity would be to compare it to the stock battery in some way. Cycle it a couple times first to let it break in, and then measure the time for both batteries to go from full charge to empty in similar conditions. To speed up the test you could turn on wlan, bluetooth and run a movie or something like that :)

... or if you have an advanced li-ion/li-po charger you could discharge your battery in your phone (let it stay on until it turns itself off) and charge it as a 1-cell li-ion/li-po and see how many mah's the charger mangaes to stuff into the battery...

Edited by Lorents

Guest liquid_it
someone have news about 2000 mAh battery???

still waiting for it.. I think it will take a few days more to get here..

Edited by liquid_it

Guest black beard

First full day using my 2000mah battery in my Liquid today, haven't done a proper comparison of it yet as I want to wait until it's had a few charging cycles - but so far it seems to be performing at least as well, if not a little better than the OEM battery - which I'm happy with.