Acer Liquid Extended/Replacement Batteries

Guest chingy1788

Guest dawabz94
Do you get temp readings from the new battery? Lifting the question again. I'm thinking of ordering one but I don't dare until I know that the overheat protection work.

yep you can get battery temp (AnyCut / Battery Info shortcut)

do not know how to test overheat protection works; all I can say is that the phone can grab the battery temp

also, I noticed that it do not get hotter than original battery

even have the feeling it stays below original battery's temperature even under heavy usage :)

Guest D.Rosendahl
yep you can get battery temp (AnyCut / Battery Info shortcut)

do not know how to test overheat protection works; all I can say is that the phone can grab the battery temp

also, I noticed that it do not get hotter than original battery

even have the feeling it stays below original battery's temperature even under heavy usage :)

Ok, thanks! If the temp reading works, the protection probably works.

(I have overheated twice with the original battery, both times starting with a low battery and playing some game with heavy cpu stress while charging)

Just got mine :)

Very happy with the transaction, quick and cheap.

Edit 1: It doesn't overheat like the standard battery does under heavy power consumption and charging.

No problem to fully charge it from empty while using it heavily, its barely gets hot.

With the standard battery I usually had to disconnect it from the charger several times before it was fully charged.

Edit 2: Guess I spoke too soon, it have overheated just like the standard battery several times since my last edit.

Edit 3: Battery Left reports around 12 hours usage with this battery, with the standard one it reported around 9 hours.

Edited by B1ny

Guest 00sully
any news about the battery, is it better ?

I personally think this battery doesn't last as long as the standard one. It charges up a lot quicker too which is probably a giveaway that it is does not have the charge as advertised (2000mh)

I've tested this with a few charges / cylces and the stock one outperforms this one.

It doesn't get as hot tho as has been mentioned which is a plus I guess!

Guest lucian785
I personally think this battery doesn't last as long as the standard one. It charges up a lot quicker too which is probably a giveaway that it is does not have the charge as advertised (2000mh)

I've tested this with a few charges / cylces and the stock one outperforms this one.

It doesn't get as hot tho as has been mentioned which is a plus I guess!

So... if the recharge time is shorter, that means that the capacaity is lower than the acer's oem battery. I'm not buing this one ..thanks 00sully!

Guest eppyramot
I agree it sucks

thats strange because mine takes longer to charge than the original one, and it definitely last 50% longer. Maybe the quality control isnt that good and some of them are duds.

Guest black beard
I don't understand, charged a few times and it don't last longer than the original. The seller says to cycle at least 5 times, I did!

I've always been of the opinion that you should never fully dis/recharge a li-on battery, as doing so will shorten it's life. To me a "cycle" is using it to between 50 - 25% capacity (a typical full days use for me), then fully recharging it. Thats what I've been doing with my replacement battery for over 2 weeks now and I'm happy with it's improvement over the OEM.

Guest Lorents

I have used my battery for three days now, and it definately lasts longer. Hard to tell excaclty how much but its a significant improvement ;)

Dont think "cycling" the li-ion will affect the life span of the li-ion that much. Your phone will shut down before the battery level is so low that it could damage the battery.

Guest chingy1788

Heres my test for testing the batteries

On the Original Battery, charged to 100%

End All with Advanced Task Manager (cept for some excluded tasks)

Turn on wifi, BT, GPS, brightness on max, using 3G

Media server App on

Swiftp on

Sygic mobile maps turned on

After the phone dies, I'll record the time

Then charge up the Extended battery and do the same

So far, cycling the new battery for about a week, it seems to be about the same in capacity as the original

I have a Cameron Sino branded battery

And here is the result

The original lasted pretty much exactly 3.5 hours

The extended lasted 3.5hrs as well

That said... I also did a quick test on 2G vs 3G

The phone was mostly left on standby and the test started at 100% battery capacity

on 3G the power went down by approx 5%/hr - so about 20 hr battery life on standby

on 2G the power went down by approx 1%/hr - so about 100 hr battery life on standby

On both tests, wifi, gps, bt was turned off, Advanced Task Manager was used to kill all apps (cept for some exclusions)

On some unrelated news, I left my old HTC G1 on airplane mode with no apps running, no widgets, and it seemed to last for ever

it took a whole day for the battery power to drop 1%, so thats like 2400hrs on standby with nothing on

but then its not a phone or anything but a power sipping paper weight

Edited by chingy1788

I must say I am getting a bit sceptical as well. Battery Left now reports about the same as it did with the standard battery, and I must say I tend to agree.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Glimbrink

So what is the end results of this battery?

Hard to get a good conclusion when all have different thoughts and no new answers for some days now so im just asking cause i just bought one :(

Guest chingy1788

The end result is: don't buy the 2000mah batteries from ebay. avoid unbranded batteries and Cameron Sino brand batteries. These manufacturers take small capacity batteries and label them with a larger capacity. If you open one up, the actual cell won't say 2000mah. It will probably read 1300mah or unlabeled.

Edited by chingy1788

Guest Simon A

Ditto, don't buy one of these. They don't last any longer than the standard one and mine seems to be prone to the battery meter suddenly dropping (like from 50% to 5%).

Guest boobix

Are u sure it's nt better b'coz on some other smartphones, there are better batteries from the same size. Perhpas not 200 mah, bu there are some with 1500-1650 mah :(

And 1650 mah it's 20% more autonomy (1 hr of 3g browsing)

Guest chingy1788

so far I've only seen 2000mAh

and according to my tests, it lasts around the same as the original battery

if you have those 1650mAh batteries, send me a link, I might try them out

1650mAh seem more legit than 2000mAh because from my estimates of size with my G1's battery and extended battery (1150mAh to 1600mAh) the limit if the Acer Liquid's battery would probably lie between 1600mAh and 1800mAh

Guest Quipeace

I just recieved mine (wannabe 2000mAh one), as my liquid shipped with a defective battery.

the battery started at 52%, then to 56% in 6 minutes, that way, the battery should fully charge in 150 minutes. The charger puts out 1A.

So with those values, the battery should have a theoretical capacity of 2083mAh (2 amps for one hour).

Of course that was measured in only 6 minutes, so the values are probably a bit off. I'll redo the calcs later with more precise values.

Guest chingy1788
I just recieved mine (wannabe 2000mAh one), as my liquid shipped with a defective battery.

the battery started at 52%, then to 56% in 6 minutes, that way, the battery should fully charge in 150 minutes. The charger puts out 1A.

So with those values, the battery should have a theoretical capacity of 2083mAh (2 amps for one hour).

Of course that was measured in only 6 minutes, so the values are probably a bit off. I'll redo the calcs later with more precise values.

hmmm two things may affect your results

1. according to these forums, usb charge time and AC adapter chard time is found to be the same, so possibly 500mAh, though I havent tested this my self

2. batteries may charge at a non linear rate. which means they charge fast for a while, say till 80%, then take a long time to get from 80% to 100%

2. batteries may charge at a non linear rate. which means they charge fast for a while, say till 80%, then take a long time to get from 80% to 100%

Yep they should - and we don't know if the scale (of the capacity) is linear either...

Guest basti266

mine 2000mAh "fake" one last ways longer then the original one.

at least after cycling it a couple of times.

usually I get about two days of moderate usage.

just my opinion