i8000 TMC driver development

Noticed that when enabling TMC, the device gets hotter and hotter.

This causes the gps to eventually stop functioning.

Has anyone got a similar problem?

Guest wm20320

There are some problems by using my headset with HyperGPS and NM7: Headset plugged in - HyperGPS started - sound output: headset - Tmc activated - NM7 started - but no sound :-(

What's wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Opuske

All is working perfectly here with me except for TMC.

I installed hypergps and poweradio as described on http://phj.hu/i8000/TMC/

when i click TMC in hypergps it gives me "device error" but when i click TEST i works fine.

So then when i open igo primo there is no TMC info also it does not scan for radiostations.

Primo shows me 2 tmc channels standard already in the config but those are not excisting anymore here.

How can i get TMC to work and how can i get primo to scan channels ??

Anyone has a easy way for that ??

Much appreciated for ur help in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pol052

I was try it on samsung B7300 Omnia lite

when I make soft reset and connect the headphones Samsung radio work normaly and normaly receive RDS data ( station name ) but if I use hyperGPS I take data from Royaltek protocol like this:

$RTRDS,93.0,0,3,2,1,1,1,000,255,5,0,51*54

only this and I know in this frequency in my region I shoud receive TMC data

and the next problem is then I inactivate TMC in hyperGPS close the HGPS and run samsung Radio one more time i didnt receive the RDS data (I couldnt see station name)

Is the big problem to try do something whit this ??

regards from poland

EDIT:

Power radio didnt work too :(

Edited by pol052

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BeamRider

That's great!!! I was starting to port my driver to the i8000, but you alredy done all the work. Lucky you ... Samsung added the register IOCTLs :D

If you are interested, I can implement the missing features to i900, I haven't checked the other functions are similar, but I hope :D

Cheers

• 1 month later...
That's great!!! I was starting to port my driver to the i8000, but you alredy done all the work. Lucky you ... Samsung added the register IOCTLs :P

If you are interested, I can implement the missing features to i900, I haven't checked the other functions are similar, but I hope :)

Cheers

Hi BeemRider !

Nice to see you here! As you know, I made the source of the GFMAPI public, so you can access it. In the case you have some time maybe we can implement a "real" driver - instead depend on Samsung implementation of the fmradio.dll, driving the i2c bus directly and capture the IRQ we can get all the RDS event, not just "samples". This type of driver can drive all the Si47xx chip so can be the same in i900,i8000 and other devices.

Version 2.0 ready. The main change is the method to collect and send the RDS data to the application: Instead doing both in one thread,now a high priority thread read the chip registers,etc and a standard priority one make the log and send the events to the upper level. In this way quite no loss of RDS info because the schedule of the high prio task is quite exact.

The log format and content changed , for better readability the first entry always the elapsed msec value from the previous log line. Also there is a separate Command,Channel,RDS and TMC group.

There is two new registry key, "spk" is for the case when the headset is connected, but the speaker also wanted. The "vol" key is for the required initial sound level.

The download location is the old one: my TMC site

Version 2.0 ready. The main change is the method to collect and send the RDS data to the application: Instead doing both in one thread,now a high priority thread read the chip registers,etc and a standard priority one make the log and send the events to the upper level. In this way quite no loss of RDS info because the schedule of the high prio task is quite exact.

The log format and content changed , for better readability the first entry always the elapsed msec value from the previous log line. Also there is a separate Command,Channel,RDS and TMC group.

There is two new registry key, "spk" is for the case when the headset is connected, but the speaker also wanted. The "vol" key is for the required initial sound level.

The download location is the old one: my TMC site

Hi guys, this is to provide my experience with Igo Primo on my Omnia 2 I8000 with Windows Mobile 6.5.3 OS.

I installed the three cabs dated 09/18/2010.

To my surprise the PowerRadio sounds better than the built-in FMRadio.

I liked its graphics so I made icons of the radio stations I am listening in.

In testing the HyperGPS I can see it is downloading RTTMC data in COM2, 4, 6 AND 8 only and under Royaltek protocol only..

In IgoPrimo, the radio stations are scanned only if I set the HyperGPS port to COM4.

In IgoPrimo there is no option to set the port to COM4 like that of HyperGPS.

In NYC, there is always zero events on traffic summary even during congestion times.

In NYC, IgoPrimo shows Navteq provider is paid and downloads while ClearChannel shows paid but not reachable.

How I wish you can look into the issue with IgoPrimo.

TIA.

Edited by likung

...In testing the HyperGPS I can see it is downloading RTTMC data in COM2, 4, 6 AND 8 only and under Royaltek protocol only..

In IgoPrimo, the radio stations are scanned only if I set the HyperGPS port to COM4.

Noticed that also. In Primo, frequency scanning is done in Royaltek only.

Protocol change in sys.txt and hypergps to gns stopped scanning. Freq 0.0

All with V2

Guest itsintilas

Guys,

I have OMNIA II with JG4 Rom. I have succesfully fixed GPS performance with GPS Mod Driver (GPSmoddrivers uses COM2 and GPS uses COM4). Everything works perfectly with IGO8 and Primo1.1, as I have excellent navigation, accuracy and fast sat lock.

So, I tried to setup TMC, as well. I installed all cabs and followed instructions. The problem is that, although TMC seems to work when I setup HyperGPS (Driver can be set active and be tested as well), the GPS has stopped to get sat info.

I have unsuccesfully tried several COM options, like COM2 for GPSmodriver, COM4 for IGO8 and Primo 1.1 and COM 6 and 8 for HyperGPS. I have also unsuccesfully tried everything with GPSModdriver uninstalled.

Any idea?

Noticed that also. In Primo, frequency scanning is done in Royaltek only.

Protocol change in sys.txt and hypergps to gns stopped scanning. Freq 0.0

All with V2

royaltec mod is only recommended with Omnia / Omnia II

Guest ketegano
Guys,

I have OMNIA II with JG4 Rom. I have succesfully fixed GPS performance with GPS Mod Driver (GPSmoddrivers uses COM2 and GPS uses COM4). Everything works perfectly with IGO8 and Primo1.1, as I have excellent navigation, accuracy and fast sat lock.

So, I tried to setup TMC, as well. I installed all cabs and followed instructions. The problem is that, although TMC seems to work when I setup HyperGPS (Driver can be set active and be tested as well), the GPS has stopped to get sat info.

I have unsuccesfully tried several COM options, like COM2 for GPSmodriver, COM4 for IGO8 and Primo 1.1 and COM 6 and 8 for HyperGPS. I have also unsuccesfully tried everything with GPSModdriver uninstalled.

Any idea?

Hello,

I use COM6 with HyperGPS and it works with iGO8, also I don't use GPS Mod Driver nor any other GPS mod program.

Port :COM6

FM Band : CCIR (I live in Spain)

Data output : TMC Data

Sound output : Speaker

Mute radio : Tuned sound

Log mode : Not logged

Protocol : Royaltek

My iGO8 settings for GPS are Port 7 and 57600 baud.

My sys.txt extract for gps:

[gps]

source="virtlserial"

port=7

baud=57600

My system.ini extract for tmc:

[tmc]

saved_config_available="1"

saved_config_classname="NMEA_GPSTMC_ROYALTEK"

saved_config_portname="COM"

saved_config_port="6"

saved_last_tuning_mode="0"

auto_tuning="0"

saved_last_frequency="1079"

Good luck!

Error reporting switched off - problem solved (at least it seems so :lol: ) THX a lot!

Hello wm2030,

i am also running Navigon 7.3.x on my Omnia 2 with HyperGPS, but as soon as i use HyperGPS with TMC then a get a huge delay in the GPS information: Waiting at a red traffic light i can see for approx 15 seconds how i am arriving!

So could you pls. show here your settings: Navigon version, standard rom version, used port etc?

regards

norfer

BTW: i use the old version of hypergps because with the new one (sept 19) i can get no GPS or TMC signal (no GNS signal, only ports 4-6-8?)

Hello,

I use COM6 with HyperGPS and it works with iGO8, also I don't use GPS Mod Driver nor any other GPS mod program.

Port :COM6

FM Band : CCIR (I live in Spain)

Data output : TMC Data

Sound output : Speaker

Mute radio : Tuned sound

Log mode : Not logged

Protocol : Royaltek

My iGO8 settings for GPS are Port 7 and 57600 baud.

My sys.txt extract for gps:

[gps]

source="virtlserial"

port=7

baud=57600

My system.ini extract for tmc:

[tmc]

saved_config_available="1"

saved_config_classname="NMEA_GPSTMC_ROYALTEK"

saved_config_portname="COM"

saved_config_port="6"

saved_last_tuning_mode="0"

auto_tuning="0"

saved_last_frequency="1079"

Good luck!

Thank You Man! It works! :lol:

Thank You phj! Now I can appreciate your work. Receiving events ...

Is there a way to listen to the radio station while navigating?

Thank You Man! It works! :lol:

Thank You phj! Now I can appreciate your work. Receiving events ...

Is there a way to listen to the radio station while navigating?

There is a new 2.1 version, which has ( I hope ) correct audiopath setting. It was a hard work, because the audio device which must talk with differ regarding the jack state....

The original test program which used at the very beginning polished a bit - strongly recommend its usage in the case any TMC reception problem. The most important is the two numbers below the RDS text: the number of received RDS and TMC message frequency. The normal values is 10 : 2 , if less, the reception is not perfect.

Experimental feature of the program is the HyperGPS-like mode: in the TMC screen there is a possibility to select the navigation program, start it and over the virtual COM6 port act as Royaltek TMC receiver.

To download it, please study the web page

Guest Ruud S
There is a new 2.1 version, which has ( I hope ) correct audiopath setting.

Thank you for this new version. Unfortunately, I'm having a small problem with audio in iGo with this version. Without a headset connected, if I set sound output to Speaker in HyperGPS I have no audio at all in iGo (no screen taps, no voice guidance). If I set sound output to Headset, I do have audio in iGo (again, without headset connected).

I would expect audio to be routed to the speaker independent of the sound output setting if no headset is connected. With a previous version, audio in iGo worked correctly when sound output was set to Speaker.

Kind regards,

Ruud

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Larry Brent

Hi

can someone tell me, what registry values i have to change for loading and unloading the Hypergps driver, because with the HyperGps_Switcher the driver seems not to be unloaded well. My Omnia 2 hangs after every use and i have to softreset the device.

thanks

Hi

can someone tell me, what registry values i have to change for loading and unloading the Hypergps driver, because with the HyperGps_Switcher the driver seems not to be unloaded well. My Omnia 2 hangs after every use and i have to softreset the device.

thanks

Unfortunately no such as I know.

Guest muchospesos

I installed the 2.1 GFMAPI and Rdsradio. I live in Finland and at my location TMC is working in rdsradio with frequency 99.9 but when I start igo primo i can't get tmc signal. I use the following sys.txt:

[interface]

show_exit=1

extra_settings=0

resolution_dir="800_480"

vga=0

[rawdisplay]

highres=0

screen_x=800

screen_y=480

class="landscape"

[tmc]

port="COM,6"

baud=38400

source="royaltek"

auto_tuning="1"

enable_subscription=1

;harman eten galik opentmc2 opentmc1 hyundai samsung amaryllo royaltek gns

[GPS]

source="virtserial"

port=9

baud=9600

protocol=nmea

I have tried many other TMC solutions but none of them has worked. This configuration shows me the frequency 0.0 others showed just an empty space.

Any Help is appreciated :P

I installed the 2.1 GFMAPI and Rdsradio. I live in Finland and at my location TMC is working in rdsradio with frequency 99.9 but when I start igo primo i can't get tmc signal. I use the following sys.txt:

[interface]

show_exit=1

extra_settings=0

resolution_dir="800_480"

vga=0

[rawdisplay]

highres=0

screen_x=800

screen_y=480

class="landscape"

[tmc]

port="COM,6"

baud=38400

source="royaltek"

auto_tuning="1"

enable_subscription=1

;harman eten galik opentmc2 opentmc1 hyundai samsung amaryllo royaltek gns

[GPS]

source="virtserial"

port=9

baud=9600

protocol=nmea

I have tried many other TMC solutions but none of them has worked. This configuration shows me the frequency 0.0 others showed just an empty space.

Any Help is appreciated :P

Your sys.txt is odd.

GPS port is usually 7 (9 is the hardware port) as an example.

Try using the one posted by ketegano in this page.

It worked for me.

Also, mine is working better with v2 so consider that too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...