23511 Beta expires

Guest briwayjones

Guest briwayjones

I'm trying to build a ROM using Wozzers new kitchen and 23511. When I flash a ROM it says it's a Beta and has an expiration date of 5/10/10. On one of the 3 or 4 main Omnia forums I think I read there was a fix for this, where was that?

Guest kdkinc
I'm trying to build a ROM using Wozzers new kitchen and 23511. When I flash a ROM it says it's a Beta and has an expiration date of 5/10/10. On one of the 3 or 4 main Omnia forums I think I read there was a fix for this, where was that?

FROM ROB STORM'S POST # 374

I know. I did patch shell32.exe to remove the timebomb but left the registry entries in just in case a user wanted to have their own custom message on the screen. All you need to do is edit or delete the following keys:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\DeviceBeta]

"Today"="Beta"

"Expiry"="Expires: %02d/%02d/%04d"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\DeviceBeta]

"About"="- BETA"

I remembered reading this fix when Storm first posted rom #23511.

Thank You for asking the question it forced me to skim the whole thread to find this for you, There is some good stuff I picked up by rereading the thread :) B)

Hope it helps

;) ;)

Guest briwayjones

Cool Thanks! So if I understand that post correctly than the 23511 in Wozzers post has been patched and won't timebomb the message has just been left in there to customize if you want to?

Guest kdkinc
Cool Thanks! So if I understand that post correctly than the 23511 in Wozzers post has been patched and won't timebomb the message has just been left in there to customize if you want to?

That my unstanding...

I edited the reg file and blew all that stuff out.

But then what does it matter?? really are you (we) saying that we will using 23511 till May 2010...I don't think so

Rob is already working on 23518 .

If you stay on one rom for more than two weeks you grow moss on your desktop {really :) )

B) ;)