Unlocked bootloader voids warranty

Guest mo0620

Guest mo0620

I don't know if anyone knows this yet, but I know that when the bootloader is unlocked the warranty is void, and also every time you boot your N1, the boot screen has a big unlock symbol when booting. Does anyone know if there is a fastboot command that will re-lock the N1, just in case of a warranty claim?

thanks

Guest josharmour
I don't know if anyone knows this yet, but I know that when the bootloader is unlocked the warranty is void, and also every time you boot your N1, the boot screen has a big unlock symbol when booting. Does anyone know if there is a fastboot command that will re-lock the N1, just in case of a warranty claim?

thanks

Im sure there will be an passimg.nbh that comes out at some point. These files contain more than just a system.img normally but also contain a radio.img boot.img recovery.img and hboot.img <---- that being the important piece. This is a factory way to restore used from the hboot (power up the device with the volume down button held and you can see it search the sd card for the file passimg.nbh)

Once this file is uncovered, there will be an easy way to relock your bootloader (get back your warranty).