[ROM] Lickonn Eclair Custom ROM

Guest lickonn

Lets face it, the issue is that liquid linker binary use prelinked libs, meaning we have to locate all the memory adresses and add these to AOSP source, and even if u do, run a small diff on liquid build and a AOSP donut (note not even eclair build) and u will see that the difference is quite big. Meaning even trying to boot a AOSP build will give dependencies errors or wont even pass initial boot state. Now if lickonn did actually do this, then great, share the info to the community and make it go forward.

Not that I doubt lickonn in anyway but I would like to see a video of his AOSP eclair build running on a Liquid, since screenshots doesnt actually give us a furthur proof of concept (u can just run eclair on a WVGA android emulator and change build.prop around a bit and take screeny)

The source is available only thing now is to build and compile it for the liquid device, lots of custom codes, but just like lox compiled aosp for hero the same can be done and has been done for liquid.

I have no drivers at all which make this very hard to work with, and kernel source is very 'RAW' I think Acer is holding some configs back just a (thought though) who knows what they released.

hopefully the update wont be as bad as the source tree.

The source is available only thing now is to build and compile it for the liquid device, lots of custom codes, but just like lox compiled aosp for hero the same can be done and has been done for liquid.

I have no drivers at all which make this very hard to work with, and kernel source is very 'RAW' I think Acer is holding some configs back just a (thought though) who knows what they released.

time to write acer?..... or there are possibilities to do something with this released kernel?

I don't really understand but if this means that with the current kernel we can't have awesome custom roms then it su**s .

:)

again.. time to write acer.. all press acer for right kernel,ALL or no custom rom on our acer

Edited by erto90

Can you explain a bit why do you think the kernel is 'RAW'? I mean is there something clearly missing? I can compile dvt/evt, but I cannot create a boot.img that fastboot would accept. If I force flash it, Liquid goes in to bootloop.

Edited by blc

again.. time to write acer.. all press acer for right kernel,ALL or no custom rom on our acer

Do you think that Acer will release a better kernel just because someone want to cook roms easily?

As Angio said, it is possible to compile a working kernel and a working aosp source, it's just not as easy as someone thought.

Edited by WiZ^

Guest drigerott
Do you think that Acer will release a better kernel just because someone want to cook roms easily?

As Angio said, it is possible to compile a working kernel and a working aosp source, it's just not as easy as someone thought.

Guest behnaam

Man lox even set up a vendor for our Liquid only missing properitary bits, would like to see a video of ur aosp 2.1 build. Lox compiled one, I did, and maxisma did still doesnt boot, so I dont know what the heck u did to get it to boot. But give me a proof of concept and Im down with seing ur progress, its just me being sceptic, not any offense. And properitary bits arent to hard to add. AOSP for Hero wwasnt as hard as liquid, just a FYI

Guest maxisma
Man lox even set up a vendor for our Liquid only missing properitary bits, would like to see a video of ur aosp 2.1 build. Lox compiled one, I did, and maxisma did still doesnt boot, so I dont know what the heck u did to get it to boot. But give me a proof of concept and Im down with seing ur progress, its just me being sceptic, not any offense. And properitary bits arent to hard to add. AOSP for Hero wwasnt as hard as liquid, just a FYI

Same what I am thinking..

Why don't you, Angio & lickonn, just tell us what you did to let AOSP boot? :)

I know how to fix other things but I'm not experienced with things where I don't even get a log from logcat.

Guest Scsiborg
Same what I am thinking..

Why don't you, Angio & lickonn, just tell us what you did to let AOSP boot? :)

I know how to fix other things but I'm not experienced with things where I don't even get a log from logcat.

Come on men if you want to get somewhere then your going to have to work together. If you can help each other out then why not do so?, this is a community after all. Viva la Liquid

Guest homer105

Hello, I'm trying this wonderful rom but I realized that I detect the wi-fi but can not connect, with other Rom works... is a bug in this rom or is it just my problem? thanks ...