Voice recognition

Guest Khrushchev

Guest Khrushchev

Ello everybody,

I was doing my daily tech research (tis good to stay informed) and found an unboxing vid of the Nexus one on youtube... these vids are never too exciting..

this one however, at the very end shows of a nice feature..

skip to 8;50.

so... Paul.... *insert puppy dog eyes here* :)

would a feature like this be coming to the HTC 2.1 sense android? or is this a feature that could be implemented into the MCR?

the texting thing looks awesome.. i tried to normal google voice search on MCR 3.0, but it closes as soon as i try to record something.

any thoughts?

Khrush

Guest peter.taylor
Ello everybody,

I was doing my daily tech research (tis good to stay informed) and found an unboxing vid of the Nexus one on youtube... these vids are never too exciting..

this one however, at the very end shows of a nice feature..

skip to 8;50.

so... Paul.... *insert puppy dog eyes here* :)

would a feature like this be coming to the HTC 2.1 sense android? or is this a feature that could be implemented into the MCR?

the texting thing looks awesome.. i tried to normal google voice search on MCR 3.0, but it closes as soon as i try to record something.

any thoughts?

Khrush

wow, simply stunning idea.

hope to get a nexus one as soon as they are out in the UK. contract comes to an end in april.

Guest fantasytozi

Weird, I can use voice search effectively with MCR 3.0.

Did u try Handcent SMS, it has an option for speech to text too, but need a connection, as I remember?

Guest Khrushchev

What do you mean "need a connection"?

EDIT: I tried Handcent SMS... when I tried "speak" it said Voice search closed... so you need voice search to use that feature. I'm guessing the best bet is to wipe and re-install MCR 3.0.

I have been checking out titanium backup to make the setup afterwards easier.. tho I might wait till MCR 3.1.

thx for the help tho..

Khrush

Edited by Khrushchev

Guest fantasytozi

Because if u switch off all internet connection, wifi, 3g, it will say connection problem when click on the menu option "Speak". It only works when u turn on connection. I've been doing this just fine, just checked a few minute ago

Maybe sth wrong with ur voice search app

Guest Khrushchev

Maybe, I checked the market to see if I could install it myself, but can;t seem to find it. I have no knowledge of ADB... so not going to try that.

thx anyway