Rom dumped from update.

Guest Steel Reign

Guest WoZZeR999

It's a normal non-visual kitchen. Edit OEMApps as you like, Edit SYS as needed, run buildrom, flash the flashrom.nb0.

Tony: the 'RUU' is Octans downloader, you can find it in the i8000 section.

Guest rayden25
I have been wondering the same exact thing... I won't load a cooked ROM if Swype will be difficult to load back in.

I think swype would be legal to include but if it isn't, you can PM me and ask for it. I have cabs for all the versions, QVGA, WQVGA, VGA and WVGA.

I just created my first ROM - all I wanted to do with this was remove Touchwiz/Widget Today. The only things I cooked in were the Samsung Today from the Omnia Pro and Orientation Detection (I had problems with Opera 10 and with NetCF 3.5). I'm flashing now, and will provide an update later.

Guest amdzero
I just created my first ROM - all I wanted to do with this was remove Touchwiz/Widget Today. The only things I cooked in were the Samsung Today from the Omnia Pro and Orientation Detection (I had problems with Opera 10 and with NetCF 3.5). I'm flashing now, and will provide an update later.

I feel like Charlie in the candy store. Wish there was more I could do to help.

I feel like Charlie in the candy store. Wish there was more I could do to help.

I'm uploading the OEM ROM right now, so once that's available, you can start messing around with the kitchen yourself. Octans will allow you to flash the OEM ROM even if you're having problems with your i920 - I've had times where my phone was stuck at the Omnia II splash and I just unplugged it, then reflashed back to OEM without a problem.

On a side note, removing all the widget files also seems to have removed the visual task switcher. I'll have to look into that.

Guest tyrelsackett
I'm uploading the OEM ROM right now, so once that's available, you can start messing around with the kitchen yourself. Octans will allow you to flash the OEM ROM even if you're having problems with your i920 - I've had times where my phone was stuck at the Omnia II splash and I just unplugged it, then reflashed back to OEM without a problem.

On a side note, removing all the widget files also seems to have removed the visual task switcher. I'll have to look into that.

Just to make sure, your OEM ROM you refer to is based on the update from Samsung (the CK24 update) right? Or am I off base on that?

Guest Tony_vegas

excuse my ignorance but i have the kitchen, i have octans, now i dont know where to find the files for mst or csc i dont even know where to look...

excuse my ignorance but i have the kitchen, i have octans, now i dont know where to find the files for mst or csc i dont even know where to look...

All we can do right now is work with the OEM files.

Guest Tony_vegas

thats all i really want to do anyways, i just have no clue what im doing.. all i want to do is create a lite rom so i can install things i can customize it myself and remove touchwhiz, the main menu, the task switcher, and all of the verizon junk i never use. i deleted some OEMs i created the nb0 but i am not able to click "start" in octans mini downloader

The only time a phone is bricked (not fixable without service center repair) is if it won't even turn on. If it tries to boot but just gets stuck, it should be flashable.

Update on my own work - I have what I hope to be an ultralite rom that I'll be playing with for the next few days to see if there are any bugs. If everything works out, I'll post it. I may have to make one change and rebuild it, though (either that, or provide instructions in bypassing a few of the issues that come up with the removal of all the widget files).

So far, it boots with ~90MB free in RAM and 223.93MB free in main storage

Guest rayden25
Update on my own work - I have what I hope to be an ultralite rom that I'll be playing with for the next few days...

I tried and deleted Main Menu, when I do thatI can't get past the today screen because the start button points to main menu exe. How did you get past that??

I tried and deleted Main Menu, when I do thatI can't get past the today screen because the start button points to main menu exe. How did you get past that??

Edit the following in the .rgu file under OEMApps:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\113]

@="Cube"

"Open"="\\Windows\\Cube.lnk" ;set rsk Main Menu

Change "Cue" and "Cube.lnk" to "Settings" and "Settings.lnk"

If that doesn't work, use CeRegEditor to edit the phone's registry after flashing and connecting it via activesync/mdc

You need to change the .rgu properties as well, it's read only by default

Edited by Shemmy

Guest Tony_vegas

it boots up to a black screen with pictures of a phone a computer and an exclamation point ,basically im assuming its asking me to flash it but i cannot successfully flash a rom on this device not even the official one

it boots up to a black screen with pictures of a phone a computer and an exclamation point ,basically im assuming its asking me to flash it but i cannot successfully flash a rom on this device not even the official one

I had that happen to me once. I had to reflash to the default. Try this - turn off your phone, take out the battery. Set up octans with the default ROM, click detect, then plug in the phone.

Guest Tony_vegas
I had that happen to me once. I had to reflash to the default. Try this - turn off your phone, take out the battery. Set up octans with the default ROM, click detect, then plug in the phone.

thanks it worked, it must have been something i did wrong in the kitchen... i cant seem to get this right, i went into the OEM folders and deleted what i thought were apps and flashed my "new" rom but when i looked at the available memory to my surprise there was no extra space. Also when browsing through the kitchen i couldnt find touchwiz or alot of the other things i wanted to remove... all i want to to is create a super lite rom what am i doing wrong. what is the correct process for removing OEM files? How exactly do i remove touchwiz ui?

I think most storage space will be made by going through the SYS folder and removing things such as Office and One Note. Regarding ToucchWiz, I'm not sure exactly which files those are yet. I've been able to remove most of the widget files, and on one build, I was able to completely get rid of touch wiz. Unfortuantely, with that build, I also removed the phone skin and couldn't get a dial tone.

I have some things I need to look at too before I can release an ultralite ROM.