Rom dumped from update.

Guest Steel Reign

Also if you get a chance, please share how you got .net 3.5 cooked in. Did you totally remove 2.0 before doing so?

I just removed the mscoree_dll folder from the SYS\NetCF

Guest joeyk240

I'm very new to this as this is my first smartphone. I did a little editing a few years ago with my vx9800. Ive been lurking and learning about flashing ROM's. I've dld CaRE and have done what everyone else has suggested to do. Ive noticed that when Im in an app that allows landscape when I exit out my SPB homepage is laid out in landscape for a split second then reverts back to native. Ive played with the values for HKLM>sys>GDI>landscapemode, landscapefixed and angle but am coming up with nill. Any Ideas?

Alright, this is what I have so far, with as lite as I can make it:

removed MS Office, WMPlayer, all the VZW apps, most of the Samsung Apps, touchwiz, widgets, default wallpapers and ringtones

kept Samsung apps for contacts, calendar, media player, pictures, and calendar

cooked in .net 3.5 and opengl

I lost the phone button and the button options in settings - will need to find a solution for that.

on boot, storage space is at 265.56 total, 47.49 used, and 218.07 free

on boot, RAM is at 140.69 total, 50.08 used, and 90.61 free

Guest WolfpackInCO
Alright, this is what I have so far, with as lite as I can make it:

removed MS Office, WMPlayer, all the VZW apps, most of the Samsung Apps, touchwiz, widgets, default wallpapers and ringtones

kept Samsung apps for contacts, calendar, media player, pictures, and calendar

cooked in .net 3.5 and opengl

I lost the phone button and the button options in settings - will need to find a solution for that.

on boot, storage space is at 265.56 total, 47.49 used, and 218.07 free

on boot, RAM is at 140.69 total, 50.08 used, and 90.61 free

Wowza :) That's a nice jump. looking forward to playing with it!

Edited by WolfpackInCO

Guest Ninja4Hire

I'm not sure how we would do it, but we should compile some sort of database. All the files that need to be removed for certain programs and the registry entries, and other files that are safe to remove. Like to remove Opera, delete these files; All VZW apps, remove these files... and so on.

Another update, got Touchwiz removed completely, but cant find the link in registry to put the default action of the start button to open the start menu instead of linking to MainMenu.exe

Im now at 181.07MB storage and 95.59MB RAM free after flashing... Im getting there B)

What did you remove to get rid of touchwiz without nuking the phone button? That keeps tripping me up.

Shemmy, did you delete opera as well? It takes up quite a bit of space and is a dated version anyways.

I delted Opera also, since I use Opera 10 :)

I'm not sure how we would do it, but we should compile some sort of database. All the files that need to be removed for certain programs and the registry entries, and other files that are safe to remove. Like to remove Opera, delete these files; All VZW apps, remove these files... and so on.

That's actually a great idea. I'll work on it tomorrow (I'm going to see Avatar for the third time tonight).

Guest Omega Ra
We've got a i920 running the latest SYS (23518). I'm going to adjust the kitchen and try to come up with instructions on XIP porting.

NICE 6.5.3 woo hoo!

Guest WoZZeR999

Uploading the new kitchen. For those who know how to port the XIP and update the SYS, just place the ported xip.bin in the /rom folder. The XIP in there should be used as the 'device' XIP as it's been fixed to work with XIP-Kitchen and probably other automated tools.

For those who do not know about XIP porting or how to port an XIP,just play with the OEM folder for now.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention the most important fact of the kitchen. It comes with 23518 included and ready to go.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999

Here's a link to the kitchen: http://www.4shared.com/file/207981117/16ca...i920_23518.html

I might be able to build an automatic XIP porter into the kitchen, based on some of my unreleased work for the i910. I probably wouldn't get to this until thurs-friday though.

This kitchen includes 23518, and all you need to do if you have previous work, is delete out the OEM folder here, and put the OEM folder from your current kitchen in. (Make sure you have 'view all files' enabled so that you can transfer over the hidden ones.)

Guest Radioman96p71
Here's a link to the kitchen: http://www.4shared.com/file/207981117/16ca...i920_23518.html

I might be able to build an automatic XIP porter into the kitchen, based on some of my unreleased work for the i910. I probably wouldn't get to this until thurs-friday though.

This kitchen includes 23518, and all you need to do if you have previous work, is delete out the OEM folder here, and put the OEM folder from your current kitchen in. (Make sure you have 'view all files' enabled so that you can transfer over the hidden ones.)

AWESOME work m8!!!! Just flashed it with some of my customizations, works like a charm! Only thing i find funny on it is the dialer no longer fits the screen properly, im going to see if SBP MobileShell fixes that.

Storage space after install 216.89, RAM 85.31

Nice work guys!

Guest Radioman96p71

After playing further, the dialer is really borked. The text is all white when you make a call so you cant read anything in the window. Im going to work on this, but i may try to port the dialer from the TouchPro, as it is a pretty basic dialer with good functions. Anyone point me in the direction where the dialer is at in the ROM to save me some time lol

Guest JohnJayJrV
What did you remove to get rid of touchwiz without nuking the phone button? That keeps tripping me up.

I delted Opera also, since I use Opera 10 :)

That's actually a great idea. I'll work on it tomorrow (I'm going to see Avatar for the third time tonight).

Eagerly awaiting your ROM as I love the samsung skinned apps but hate the vzw crap they put in.

jv

Guest amdzero
Eagerly awaiting your ROM as I love the samsung skinned apps but hate the vzw crap they put in.

jv

Okay so I took your kitchen, tried to put in S2U2 (which is installed, but the shortcuts don't work. And it doesn't auto load). There is a problem with the phone screen as well. See pix. What is with the Beta Expires: 05/01/2010 ?

This is my first ever custom rom, although it isn't really customized. I just wanted to see if it worked. Besides adding S2U2, I erased mainmenu.exe and cube.exe Got a direction for me to go from here? Obviously I'm new at this.

post-463858-1264537144_thumb.png post-463858-1264537160_thumb.png post-463858-1264537168_thumb.png post-463858-1264537263_thumb.png

Guest WoZZeR999

Dialer issue is know with new 6.5.X SYs's. The Beta is just a message, but I did forget to time bomb patch the SYS. New cooks, you'll want to read the wm6.5 SYS thread at XDA for lots of information.

Guest Tony_vegas
Okay so I took your kitchen, tried to put in S2U2 (which is installed, but the shortcuts don't work. And it doesn't auto load). There is a problem with the phone screen as well. See pix. What is with the Beta Expires: 05/01/2010 ?

This is my first ever custom rom, although it isn't really customized. I just wanted to see if it worked. Besides adding S2U2, I erased mainmenu.exe and cube.exe Got a direction for me to go from here? Obviously I'm new at this.

post-463858-1264537144_thumb.png post-463858-1264537160_thumb.png post-463858-1264537168_thumb.png post-463858-1264537263_thumb.png

i remember there being a registry edit that fixes the dialer problem, check xda-developers, if i find it ill post it