Version 2.73.771.73 posted by HTC

Guest PaulOBrien

Targeting the '3' network in the UK.

Unable to download using my device serial (anyone got a '3' Hero?)... likely only minor tweaks, but i'll be the base for MCR 3.2 of course! :)

P

Guest jeroenhero
Cheers Jeroen for the heads up!

You're more than welcome, Paul. Can't do much apart from supporting Modaco and keeping an eye on my android search columns in Tweetdeck :-) and downloading every rom you release, of course.

Guest blackcoffee85
Download and investigating, obviously... wouldn't be surprised to see a new radio in there...

P

Is such a ROM (in particular the radio, in this case) likely to provide better service to 3 users? I have an 'Orange' hero, but I use the 3 network.

Guest pulser

I've stripped the ROM down, and this is what's in it (version wise)

-HBOOT Version hboot_7200A_1.76.0007_090804

-Radio Version 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29 (verified by MD5 with those in the sticky) MD5 = DA3FE73D711C565FA66FF1D51C93482D

I'm looking at rooting it just now, and am just about to make & sign an update.zip

Should warn you though, it's my first major release, so treat it as beta. I've added su and Superuser.apk (permissions for su added), and changed the ramdisk default.prop line to ro.secure=0, as well as changing the debuggable and adb persist to 1.

Hope this is of interest

EDIT:

@Paul. Is there any information on the format of update-script available? I've got everything sorted out in both img files and flat file layout (the way your MCR releases tend to work), but I don't know how to make an update-script. Once I can do that, I should be able to upload the rooted ROM.

Alternatively, since there is a fair chance something may not work (nothing major, and a nandroid would fix anything obviously), should I just keep the boot.img and system.img files, since those can be flashed using fastboot with Security-Off?

Edited by pulser

Guest pulser
No new radio then!

P

No. Unfortunately Not :) .

Strange it's not even the newest one, although I don't think it's been seen 'in the wild' yet.

@Paul I've added an edit above @ you.

Edited by pulser

Guest pulser

Cheers, saved me the hassle of testing it before releasing.

Now just to compare my version to yours (to check I did it right...)

By the way, do you use a script to create the update-script file, or do you modify an existing one?

Just as I'm now using this, compiled up but with the radio line removed...

Guest DanH48

I modded an original one. Info is very scarce on update scripts, but what you have in the link that is highlighted green is what you are looking for.

By the way this ROM does not like non 3 sim cards when it comes to a data connection. Looking into it.

Guest babiboi228
I modded an original one. Info is very scarce on update scripts, but what you have in the link that is highlighted green is what you are looking for.

By the way this ROM does not like non 3 sim cards when it comes to a data connection. Looking into it.

Dan should it not effect me if i dont have data? Im not on a data plan.

Guest pulser

Thanks for the info.

APN settings stored in ROM that are specific to three(UK) by any chance?

I know it's seriously obvious, but I've made this mistake before now :)

Edited by pulser

Guest DanH48
I flashed i noticed one thing that it doesnt have in the begining is wifi notification

No it doesnt it has been disabled by HTC in startup. I cannot get wifi to work on 8.29 or 9.26 hmmmm.....

Guest babiboi228
I flashed i noticed one thing that it doesnt have in the begining is wifi notification

Having complications with wifi obtaining wifi address waiting but gives me an unseccessful error. i even tried resetting my wireless modem.

Guest babiboi228
No it doesnt it has been disabled by HTC in startup. I cannot get wifi to work on 8.29 or 9.26 hmmmm.....

Looks like ill be going back with realease canidate 2 modaco or rooted stock .66 rom which actually runs pretty good with teknologist 1.9 kernel.Thanks for your efforts on making it a rooted update.zip

Guest DanH48
Looks like ill be going back with realease canidate 2 modaco or rooted stock .66 rom which actually runs pretty good with teknologist 1.9 kernel.Thanks for your efforts on making it a rooted update.zip

Ill look at it when i get to work in a bit.

Guest shenshang

you're not an ad-free or modaco plus member...