Changes to make wifi tether work?

Guest forkqueue

Guest forkqueue

Wifi tether works on the modaco ROM but not on the stock (rooted) ROM. The DHCP request seems to be received, but the offer is never received by the client.

Does anyone know what changes have been made to stock to make it work?

I'd rather run stock and make my own modifications than just run modaco.

Thanks

Edited by forkqueue

I got it to work on Stock orange ROM with no changes other than rooting. Only Wifi tho, no Bluetooth. Its the 1.6 pre version direct from the website, not the version from the market.

Guest forkqueue
weird, you could get it to work on stock since it needs a custom netfilter

I was using 1.6 final and it wasn't even getting as far as using the netfilter rules - the DHCP requests were being received, dnsmasq thought it was setting DHCP offers but nothing was received by the client.

I suspect it's some sort of routing issue, but I couldn't work out how to view the route (no route command and netstat doesn't accept -rn).

weird, you could get it to work on stock since it needs a custom netfilter

Well I dont claim to understand enough about the topic to be able to answer that but it definitely works, tested on eeebuntu and windows using the last Orange ROM HTC had up on their site.

Guest fantasytozi

As far as I know, all u have to do is root access in order for wifi tether to work. If not, try Pda free app on market, same as wifi tether, no need root or anything, a great app :)

Edited by fantasytozi