Boot and Shutdown Screens

Guest Nomgle

Guest Nomgle

Hi folks.

Has anyone had any luck changing the second boot screen on their Toshiba TG01 ?

I've sussed out customising the shutdown animation and the third boot screen, by replacing the two attached files in the Windows directory on the phone (poweroff.gif and welcomehead.192.png - note the double file extension in the second !).

The first boot screen on my phone is a Toshiba logo which I rather like - but the second is a nasty Network Operator image (Orange UK) and I can't seem to find the appropriate image anywhere :)

Any ideas ?

EDIT : I used Total Commander on the handset to copy over the required files - it's free, and happily overwrites system files B)

post-227463-1262980051_thumb.jpg

post-227463-1262980066_thumb.png

Edited by Nomgle

Guest kevinpwhite
Hi folks.

Has anyone had any luck changing the second boot screen on their Toshiba TG01 ?

I've sussed out customising the shutdown animation and the third boot screen, by replacing the two attached files in the Windows directory (poweroff.gif and welcomehead.192.png - note the double file extension in the second !).

he first boot screen on my phone is a Toshiba logo which I rather like - but the second is a nasty Network Operator image (Orange UK) and I can't seem to find the appropriate image anywhere :)

Any ideas ?

Excellent find - well done.

I have successfully copied welcomehead.192.png over to my TG01 but for some reason it won't accept copying poweroff.gif. Did you have that problem and if so, request advise what step you took to successfully install ?

>>Edit<< - solved my own problem but perhaps worth clarifying - doesn't appear that you can copy across via Active Sync / Win Media Centre; however by copying the files onto the device in any suitable directory and then copying locally it works fine. You will get a nag message as is overwriting a ROM file but just hit OK to that and is fine. I also didn't initially spot that the file above welcomehead_192.png needs to be renamed after downloading to your PC (replace the underscore with a dot....)

Sadly I'm afraid the second point that until someone can break and then recomile a ROM, we are stuck with the Orange images and other mundungus in the original ROM.

Best regards,

Kevin

Edited by kevinpwhite

Guest adzman808

this didn't work for me.... i can't copy the files over usb from PC to \\windows

however i can copy them to the phone, \\windows\help or storage card

but when i try & copy them from either the storage card or the 'C Drive' (\) location to \\windows it tells me i don't have sufficent rights

i cant rename or delete the original files either (i can back them up tho)

i cant find them in the registry to point instead at the modified versions

cheers

Guest kevinpwhite
this didn't work for me.... i can't copy the files over usb from PC to \\windows

however i can copy them to the phone, \\windows\help or storage card

but when i try & copy them from either the storage card or the 'C Drive' (\) location to \\windows it tells me i don't have sufficent rights

i cant rename or delete the original files either (i can back them up tho)

i cant find them in the registry to point instead at the modified versions

cheers

I suspect you are using the native File Explorer ? You will probably need to ue a 3rd part app such as Resco File Explorer to enable the required functionality.

Hope that helps...

Regards,

Kevin

The first and the second boot screens are hardcoded into the ROM, until custom roms are available (probably never) you can not change these.

Bah.

Oh well, at least the other two Orange screens are gone :)