Does this app exists?

Guest Charlton22

Guest Charlton22

Hello Guys,

Is there any app available that by indicating any streets on the map indicates whats the distance for that selection would.

Thanks

Guest three_pineapples

you can enable a maps feature from the labs option in google maps that will put a scale bar on the maps on android. You could use that to get a rough estimate of distance. Don't know about exact distance though...

Guest Charlton22
you can enable a maps feature from the labs option in google maps that will put a scale bar on the maps on android. You could use that to get a rough estimate of distance. Don't know about exact distance though...

Exact distance what I intented! :)

Guest chingy1788

are you talking about length of a street?

With google maps I guess you could get it to find the distance between two points on the street (by using find directions)

then going to text view for the directions

Edited by chingy1788

Guest Charlton22
are you talking about length of a street?

With google maps I guess you could get it to find the distance between two points on the street (by using find directions)

then going to text view for the directions

We don't have directions here in Malta :)

I can see roads on map, but when i try the direction function, i get "no route found"

Guest chingy1788

Can you get directions on google maps for desktop?

Also

Did you import your Acer Liquid or buy it locally?

If you bought it locally, and google maps on desktop works

Rooting the phone and installing a different firmware or a different Maps.apk might work

If you bought it locally it might mean that Acer put a version of the Firmware that contains a modified Maps.apk, which means that you can replace it with a normal version if you root your phone.

If you bought it from another country where google maps does work for the phone, but does not work in your country, then replacing Maps.apk wont do anything

If google maps for desktop doesnt work in your country, then yeah... it wont work for your phone

Now, everything above is all theory, and may not work. Root at your own risk

Guest Lorents

Hi,

I tried to get directions between two points in Malta, but got "no route found" every time. Getting directions between two points works fine here in Norway so it must either be that Google have disabled routing for Malta, or that maps data for Malta lacks the detail required to do routing?

If I root my phone, can I get directions in Malta?

I guess the answer to this question is no then - rooting your phone wont give you directions in Malta :)

Edited by Lorents

There are a couple of free apps that will allow you to map out a route by hand and tell you the distance. Search the market for "AndMeasure" or "Maps Ruler". Sadly neither appear to be available for direct download or on SlideME if you don't have the Market.

Bing maps (basically Microsoft Maps) web site does calculate driving directions in Malta but it doesn't have any street names, they're all just called "Local Road" and it managed to crash my Liquid's browser.

Edited by Uxian