Hardware fix - Battery cover

Guest Daniel Williamson

Guest Daniel Williamson

Hey guys, when discussing the bad points of the phone "bas-r". Kindly posted some information about a DIY fix to stop the back cover sounding all plasticky and cheap. So because a couple of people asked exactly what he did i thought i would spare him the trouble and post a quick guide from myself:

1. Okay so first of all you want to get your hands on some ductape or gaffa tape whatever you want to call it (the grey tape) .

2. Then on the centre of the underside of the cover, between the camera lens end and the speaker end. Lay down about 2 inches worth of the tape ( or until it reaches the plastic lens and speaker holes). At first i just put one layer down but it didnt make much difference so about 3 should do.

post-621853-1263052935_thumb.jpg

3. Then carefully cut out two arks to fit around the top of the speaker and lens holes. For this i would recommend putting just two layers on as the cover obviously curves up and with three layers on its impossible to fix the cover back on.

post-621853-1263053111_thumb.jpg

post-621853-1263053152_thumb.jpg

4. Then smooth down the tape so its not pertruding, and also make sure its not covering any of the slots as it would be hard to fix the cover back on.

5. Finally attach the cover back on to the handset. This may be quite hard at first so you may need to take layers of the tape off or move them around etc, but eventually with some force it should click into place.

Just some picks to finish off and thanks for reading :)

post-621853-1263053367_thumb.jpg

post-621853-1263053402_thumb.jpg

Thanks

DIY - Dan B)

Did you take those pictures using your t-mobile pulse phone :)

Thanks for the info, was wondering if you tried adding any metal foil under the tape to try and improve the touch screen? [As discussed in another thread]...

Guest David Horvath
Did you take those pictures using your t-mobile pulse phone B)

Thanks for the info, was wondering if you tried adding any metal foil under the tape to try and improve the touch screen? [As discussed in another thread]...

I agree :)

And thanks for the howto.

Guest Daniel Williamson
Did you take those pictures using your t-mobile pulse phone B)

Yeah they were how did you guess ? ha ha :)

No I havent i remember reading it on one topic, but wasnt to sure, as the picture showed the foil between the two ports which would mean taking the phone apart but, it may work putting some behind the tape ?

On the topic on battery temperature mine is saying 23 degress. Not sure what it was last time but i cant be bothered taking off the tape again to check, maybe someone without the tape could compare the temperatures. I couldnt really feel any difference with the temperature though.

Dan

Guest starkos
Yeah they were how did you guess ? ha ha :)

No I havent i remember reading it on one topic, but wasnt to sure, as the picture showed the foil between the two ports which would mean taking the phone apart but, it may work putting some behind the tape ?

On the topic on battery temperature mine is saying 23 degress. Not sure what it was last time but i cant be bothered taking off the tape again to check, maybe someone without the tape could compare the temperatures. I couldnt really feel any difference with the temperature though.

Dan

Cheers, that's the same temp as mine is now but probably wouldn't notice a difference until doin strenuous activities on the phone... although I'm most likely just being overly paranoid anyway lol B)

Guest bounty123

I just put 2 little (about 1cmx2cm) cloth pieces under my cover on the sides, to the locations where my cover could be "squeeked", and now it's totally firm. So this seems a bit overkill to me, but it sure will fill up any gaps :)