fingerprint on Nexus One

Guest cezent

Guest cezent

Having been switched from Hero to Nexus One for just over a day now. One of the first thing I have noticed is the Nexus One screen gets blurred by fingerprint very easily.

Dont get me wrong, I like the phone very much. The screen itself is amazing in terms of resolution and how clear the display is (I have never seen a more defined colour contrast on mobile device). However, the screen gets instantly blur after touching. It looks like there s always a fingerprint track of shape of a cross on the screen: the horizontal line from unlocking the phone, and the vertical line for pulling down the status bar.

I dont seem to get that when I use HTC Hero. I think Hero has some sort of taints on top of the touchscreen which means the fingerprint dont stay. It is certainly one hardware feature I miss switching from Hero to Nexus One.

Anyone have any thoughts on what's the best way to keep the fingerprint away? I m personally not a big fan of screen protector but anyone know of any good customized screen protectors for Nexus One that might do the job and keeps the excellent display of the AMOLED screen?

It's probably the coating on the screen. But then again, most people use screen protector which: (1) helps protect the screen from scratches, and (2) You can rub the heck out of the screen without worrying about scratches.

problem solved, got a set of full body screen protector from Clear Protector. Got the job done without making the phone looks weird or make the screen less clear than it deserves. and its air tight! I would actually recommend it to anyone s got a N1. very happy now that dont have to worry about fingerprint :)

Guest Amdathlonuk

I would recommend the anti glare screen protectors.

They allow viewing in direct sunlight and stop reflections from spoiling the screen, I had one on my Hero and it worked great.