HTC Widgets in 3.1?

Guest byakkotai

Guest byakkotai

Hi, just got Ad Free and subsequently downloaded 3.1. However I cannot seem to find the HTC Widgets and any attempt to download them results in the incompatible update error.

I have wiped the handset, formated the SD, partitioned the SD and have no idea of how to make them installable (is that even a word? so tired)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Guest padstar

Yeah I got the same problem. Can't seem to find them included in RC2 and can't download them from the market. Hmmmm very strange. Oh well they don't seem to be all that exciting looking.

Thanks for all the great ROM's Paul. Widgets or not, 3.1 rocks :)

Guest byakkotai
Yeah I got the same problem. Can't seem to find them included in RC2 and can't download them from the market. Hmmmm very strange. Oh well they don't seem to be all that exciting looking.

Thanks for all the great ROM's Paul. Widgets or not, 3.1 rocks :)

Yeah, its hardly the end of the world but I would have liked the indicator for battery as a widget. Dice sucks and I don't know what the rest are. I'm, still trying to work out how to group shortcuts together in the "+" box as I have Beautiful Widgets but it hogs space on my add Android Widgets menu thing. (If this makes little sense I apologise I'm tired...)

Guest padstar
Did you do a wipe after installing? In that case, you might have deleted the widgets if they are installed in the data partition.

No I didn't wipe after I installed 3.1, but I did flash Ratcom's "clear it for 3.0". Perhaps that may be why the widgets are not there. Like I say it's no big deal as I'm more than happy with the speed improvements 3.1 offers.

Cheers anyway,

Pad.

Guest WithoutWings

Ok, I have a theory regarding the missing / not available HTC Widgets...

In MCR 3.0, there is some sort of build ID file that was "signed" incorrectly or something which the HTC widgets are not able to identify and they don't allow installation. Note that this file does not get updated when you update to, say, MCR 3.1. So this particular file (perhaps someone could help me to identify exactly which one it is?) is written once when you flash after a wipe but never touched again until you do another wipe.

Source: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1139278

So while MCR 3.1 has fixed this issue, you will still not see or be able to install the HTC Widgets unless you wipe then install again if you had wiped prior to installing MCR 3.0.

Source: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1155280

Now, I haven't actually tested this theory myself yet, but will tonight and report back. Or, someone may beat me to it... :)

Is there a resolution to this issue. I have 'upgraded' from Orange 2.73 to MCR 3.0 and now cannot install the new widgets from HTC, I only used the battery one but really liked it and used it.

Is there a resolution to this issue. I have 'upgraded' from Orange 2.73 to MCR 3.0 and now cannot install the new widgets from HTC, I only used the battery one but really liked it and used it.

have you read the post right above yours?

Guest Formel-LMS

I solved the problem easily in my case:

I did a Nandroid backup of my now running MCR 3.1.

Then I wipe the Hero and installed this rom:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...4-for-gsm-hero/

Now run this rom with your gmail account correctly!

After the first start, go to the Market, download Twidroid or layar. This must work. Let it install.

Reboot your phone to recovery and take yur backup you did before that.

Now it work! (At my hero...)

So you don't need to install all again.

Guest WithoutWings
Ok, I have a theory regarding the missing / not available HTC Widgets...

In MCR 3.0, there is some sort of build ID file that was "signed" incorrectly or something which the HTC widgets are not able to identify and they don't allow installation. Note that this file does not get updated when you update to, say, MCR 3.1. So this particular file (perhaps someone could help me to identify exactly which one it is?) is written once when you flash after a wipe but never touched again until you do another wipe.

Source: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1139278

So while MCR 3.1 has fixed this issue, you will still not see or be able to install the HTC Widgets unless you wipe then install again if you had wiped prior to installing MCR 3.0.

Source: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1155280

Now, I haven't actually tested this theory myself yet, but will tonight and report back. Or, someone may beat me to it... :)

Whoops sorry folks, I forgot to report back - must have been having too much fun playing with those HTC widgets that reappeared after I tried my theory out! :) :)