T-mobile Internet, speed

Guest pulsehelp

Guest pulsehelp

T-mobile Internet, speed My option that I got with phone unlimited Internet, unlimited texts

For £10 pound top up a month.

The speed seem poor to me are they capped? Sometimes i get half that speed also

In different locations as well, so not down to poor signal.

So I started to test around other networks on PAYG and all are much faster.

Asda -Use Vodafone network

Landline Peak 8p Landline Off-Peak 8p Same Network Peak 8p Other Network Off-Peak 8p Other Network Off-Peak 8p Voicemail Peak 8p Voicemail Off-Peak 8p SMS (Text message) 4p MMS (Picture message) 25p

Internet browsing 20p/MB this would soon add up but my speed was good.

Tesco – Use O2 network

Browse the Internet on your mobile phone for only £2 takes 48 hours to work for a whole week 7 days. Unlimited Internet I don’t see subject to a daily data limit for this one. But all come with fair usage, over on 02 forums this was about 500MB a month so could be the same.

I think this is cheaper than it is on O2 yet the same network. You can buy the sim in store for 99p.In the sim pack you have to set up the ETop-up card, triple credit first before buying any credit.

When you top up £10 you get £10 free

Also you get triple credit when you top up £15 you get £30 free £45 total, £20 you get £40 free total £60.

With this one just make sure you have the credit every Friday or you’re opted out then its £4/MB

I am using Tesco sim not had any problems but texts are 10p each calls are 20p a min you can set up 5 numbers half price 10p min and 5p a text.

So what speeds are you getting on T-mobile?

This is just a look at other options that might help others, but read all T&C etc hope it helps.

post-630686-1263132803_thumb.png post-630686-1263132832_thumb.png post-630686-1263132841_thumb.png

Guest robot1000

I'm on O2 Simplicity with free Internet bolt on and my speeds were:

Download: 1428kbps

Upload: 1187kbps

If accurate, those seem like pretty good speeds

Guest psionandy
robot1000 good speeds just can't work out why T-moble are so poor for me.

on the t-mobile side you're only getting a 3G download (which tops out at around 384) and not making an HSDPA. It may be worth giving T-mobile a call and checking that your sim is provisioned for HSDPA

Guest michlaustn

Do the standard Tesco mobile settings work on the Pulse, or does it require some custom settings. If this is the case where can I find them.

At the moment I am on Tesco but I am considering going to Three Mobile. I will need to judge how much 3G data I use each month though.

The speed seem poor to me are they capped? Sometimes i get half that speed also

In different locations as well, so not down to poor signal.

So I started to test around other networks on PAYG and all are much faster.

I got:

1099kbps download

399kbps upload

195ms ping

all on T-Mobile - so I'd say it was something to do with you access to their 3G at your locale.

Guest pulsehelp

Just got off T-mobile customer services and being told all PAYG customers are capped at 3g speeds so no HSDPA unless on monthly contract?

Michlaustn

When I first put Tesco sim in it loaded it as 02 then Tescos name came on screen but it had 3 ANP set-ups all for o2 am sure it would not let me on 3g so I deleted all and added Tesco that I got from the net here http://www.filesaveas.com/gprs.html

I don’t think mms texts work but o2 seem to have a problem so think that’s them. password is password in ANP. Got chatting to a Tec guy and was told this.

post-630686-1263139272_thumb.png post-630686-1263139285_thumb.png

Edited by pulsehelp

Guest Speckles

I've never checked the speed whilst I've had the phone to be honest, I've just used it when I needed it. Most of the apps seem to sync in the background so they don't care how fast there connection is :)

Have just tested, and it's just over a meg, which is good enough for me. I might be able to get better by moving to somewhere else, but I'm really not that fussed.

Edited by Speckles

Guest danbrown162

im on tmobile contract with unlimited internet per month (1gb) with an nokia 5800 hsdpa and 3g compatible and i also get 365kbps download.. whilst on other networks its much much higher!!

ive phoned tmobile many a time and this has never been solved. Same for a couple of friends of mine too.

Guest psionandy
http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/help-and-sup...amp;phone=HA186

Used the setting from here but still same will ring them once more. Sounds like the PAYG are capped is a load of tosh looks like i will just use Tesco. but have 19 pounds credit with T mobile. :)

just tested a new T-Mobile PAYG sim in a phone, and it gives HSDPA speed, so it isn't capped at all....

Just got off T-mobile customer services and being told all PAYG customers are capped at 3g speeds so no HSDPA unless on monthly contract?

To be honest, that sounds like typical customer service (BEEP. can't say that word here-family forum).

I would call them up and keep the pressure on the rep. Politely ask for your issue to be escalated to the next level, as it is in their interest to move you up the chain (keeping their calls/hour rate nice and high). Eventually, when you get talking to someone sensible, ask them to check your SIM is provisioned for HSDPA, and if not, ask them if they could do so.

I know plenty of people on T-Mobile PAYG that get HSDPA, so keep at them. If you don't get anywhere with them on the phone, try their 'last resort' email address, which apparently goes to a crack-team of Customer Service helper-monkeys that get on the case. I know someone who contacted them, and their problem that had been ongoing for a month or so was sorted that afternoon.

Their email is [email protected] if it is needed.

EDIT:

@All. Oh, and by the way, I know I quoted 'pulsehelp', but this advice is really for anyone who isn't getting HSDPA on their phone, when there is signal and the hardware is capable of it.

Edited by pulser

To be honest, that sounds like typical customer service (BEEP. can't say that word here-family forum).

I would call them up and keep the pressure on the rep. Politely ask for your issue to be escalated to the next level, as it is in their interest to move you up the chain (keeping their calls/hour rate nice and high). Eventually, when you get talking to someone sensible, ask them to check your SIM is provisioned for HSDPA, and if not, ask them if they could do so.

I know plenty of people on T-Mobile PAYG that get HSDPA, so keep at them. If you don't get anywhere with them on the phone, try their 'last resort' email address, which apparently goes to a crack-team of Customer Service helper-monkeys that get on the case. I know someone who contacted them, and their problem that had been ongoing for a month or so was sorted that afternoon.

Their email is [email protected] if it is needed.

EDIT:

@All. Oh, and by the way, I know I quoted 'pulsehelp', but this advice is really for anyone who isn't getting HSDPA on their phone, when there is signal and the hardware is capable of it.

Just called T-mobile after reading all the comments above and having the similar issues. I am on 30days monthly contract (so not PAYG) on T-mobile. Women on the other end said, HSDPA provisioning is not an option she could enable or disable from her system and asked me to hold while she talks to mobile broadband team. Couple of minutes later she came back and said that T-mobile users on their phones could only use 3G and only people with mobile broadband on their bill plan are enabled for HSDPA. So there is no way I could get that without taking additional charges and she apologised for that.

Time to port again??? O2 is crap in Scotland (Glasgow in particular).

Just called T-mobile after reading all the comments above and having the similar issues. I am on 30days monthly contract (so not PAYG) on T-mobile. Women on the other end said, HSDPA provisioning is not an option she could enable or disable from her system and asked me to hold while she talks to mobile broadband team. Couple of minutes later she came back and said that T-mobile users on their phones could only use 3G and only people with mobile broadband on their bill plan are enabled for HSDPA. So there is no way I could get that without taking additional charges and she apologised for that.

Time to port again??? O2 is crap in Scotland (Glasgow in particular).

Ah, my fellow Glaswegian :)

Unless I'm missing something, that is (censored word) again! I've got a Hero on contract and I get HSDPA no problems in the suburbs of Glasgow (I'm south side, with plenty of trees and houses in the way!) I'm using my phone, and she said to you that phones only get 3G. Nonsense!!!

I have a combi35 (£35/month) + 3GB Internet Plus (nominally £5/month), but after discounts was £21.50/month, so that's the tarrif I'm on precisely.

. I would try contacting the cust.rel address, and kick up a bit of a fuss with them. They may be disabling it now (some people seem to be disabled, others not). 'twe' here seems to get good speeds anyway. Mention that blatant lie, and their name if you took it down (always do that when talking to T-Mobile)

Mention that your friends are getting HSDPA on PAYG in an email, and see what they say. Certainly, you sound to be on a contract too, so there's no excuses for you not having it!

HTH

• 2 months later...
Guest chilsta

(Apologies for resuscitating an old thread, but it's relevant so I figured it would be better to add on that start anew.)

I'm getting 3G data speed with T-Mo on my Nexus One. Capped around the ~350kbps mark.

I currently have the Unlimited Internet Booster. When I check the T-Mo website I have the "Capped Data Rate" option ticked. I tried unticking it and submitting it says that my changes will be applied 5/5, but I'm pretty sure I did that a few months ago and it's still selected, so it doesn't seem to be an option that I can change (be nice if the system mentioned that...).

I just spoke with T-Mo and they said that in order to get HSDPA I need to remove the Unlimited Internet Booster at £5 a month and add the Mobile Broadband Plus Booster at £12.50- I'm unsure whether this is correct as there's no mention of any of this in the above posts and it seems crazy that I have to pay over double what I'm paying now just to use the full potential of my device and their network. Does this sound right?

I'm not in contract at the moment, so would it make more sense to move to a better network & could I get a better deal elsewhere on a monthly contract?

Guest h3dshot

hi im still on tmobile sim cos im cheap and will wait till someone puts a guide up to unlocking for free:0

my internet speed with tmobile varies sometimes with full signal is pathetically slow and other times with low signal its like s*** off a stick:P

but an annoying thing with tmob is that you go from full signal to nothing at the drop of a hat which is reallly annoying!