Lockscreen apk

Guest grifforama

Guest grifforama

I love the new 2.o CDMA ROM. Man, it is quick.

I would love, now, to remove the curved grey bar in the lockscreen apk, which I am led to believe is com.htc.resources.apk and is located in system/framework

within that is a folder res/drawable-port-480x320, which contains the 4 .png files.

Thing is, if I simply remove them, it throws the phone in a continuous loop when booting up, so obviously it is looking for something to go int here.

Is there any way anyone can tell me what should be there if I simply want to remove the grey bar ?

Guest shenshang
I love the new 2.o CDMA ROM. Man, it is quick.

I would love, now, to remove the curved grey bar in the lockscreen apk, which I am led to believe is com.htc.resources.apk and is located in system/framework

within that is a folder res/drawable-port-480x320, which contains the 4 .png files.

Thing is, if I simply remove them, it throws the phone in a continuous loop when booting up, so obviously it is looking for something to go int here.

Is there any way anyone can tell me what should be there if I simply want to remove the grey bar ?

just replace them with transparent versions.

Slightly off topic, but if you push the eclair lockscreen apk to a 1.5 rom, would it work?

I doubt it, but if you've got a full Nandroid backup, and know the adb commands to do the push, then you can give it a go.

Just make sure you have a way to get into Nandroid (ie. fastboot/patched recovery) as I think you'll need to get the old one back on, since apk files are not normally backwards compatible like that- hence the SDK version errors running newer software on our Heros, we need 2.1 to get back up there...

You will need to resign the update.zip before you can apply it to the phone otherwise it will bootloop.

See: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=471586

Hi Mark,

Are you referring to this thread about the lockscreen? Just as I'm not sure what you mean about signing the update.zip. I thought the OP was trying to add an APK to the system. Hold on, I think I know what you mean. Yeah. You'd need to resign the APK to work with 1.5. I'll leave this here to clarify it for the OP.

Well spotted!

Guest markspark100
Hi Mark,

Are you referring to this thread about the lockscreen? Just as I'm not sure what you mean about signing the update.zip. I thought the OP was trying to add an APK to the system. Hold on, I think I know what you mean. Yeah. You'd need to resign the APK to work with 1.5. I'll leave this here to clarify it for the OP.

Well spotted!

Well from what grifforama said I assumed he was just trying to remove the grey ark from the standard lock screen by removing the images which is effectively making his own theme. If he wants to do that and then apply the update he'll need to sign the update.zip otherwise it'll just boot loop...won't it i've never tried without signing an update.zip

I may have completley misunderstood what was being asked though :S

Mark

Well from what grifforama said I assumed he was just trying to remove the grey ark from the standard lock screen by removing the images which is effectively making his own theme. If he wants to do that and then apply the update he'll need to sign the update.zip otherwise it'll just boot loop...won't it i've never tried without signing an update.zip

you need to sign the lockscreen.apk at first, because you altered the contents. then you have to decide how to install it. you can push it via adb, then there won't be any update.zip, or you can create an update.zip, that needs to be signed aswell.

Guest markspark100
you need to sign the lockscreen.apk at first, because you altered the contents. then you have to decide how to install it. you can push it via adb, then there won't be any update.zip, or you can create an update.zip, that needs to be signed aswell.

Ah yeah I'd never really thought of just modifying the .apk and pushing it to the phone, I've always made an update.zip