New rom !! Acer Liquid 1.008.00 EMEA GEN1

Guest lucian785

Thoroughly agree that the touchscreen has been better calibrated. Pressing 'P' on the keyboard actually produces a 'P' now and the search button on the Market works if you aim for it.

Rooting worked superboot standard 1.4.

Still no protected apps on the market (but that's to be expected with an unreleased build).

Is it just me or did the lock screen change from 'Press menu' to 'Press [≡]'?

thats to expect with everybuild since im pretty sure they all use the same build.prop fingerprint.

Edit the fingerpringt part in build.prop to that of another androidphone like say Pulse

ro.build.fingerprint=generic/U8230/U8230/U8230:1.5/CRB17/002410:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys

thats to expect with everybuild since im pretty sure they all use the same build.prop fingerprint.

Edit the fingerpringt part in build.prop to that of another androidphone like say Pulse

ro.build.fingerprint=generic/U8230/U8230/U8230:1.5/CRB17/002410:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys

Not quite, each build has a different date in the fingerprint and version 1.002.03-EMEA-GEN1 is known to work with the Market. I followed the same procedure as illustrated in another thread (just replace the date so it looks like the fingerprint from 1.002.03 - http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-00-emea-gen1/) and the market is back to full working order as before.

Edited by Uxian

Guest Seth Cold
Does this work even if you're currently using MDC 1.2?

yes it does! (still it wipes everything, even the recovery)

Built 29/12 2009...

fastboot ver v1.00.01 (i think its the same as the 1.004)

so it took them 12 days to release... not bad :)

Awww back to 3 homescreens... we need MCR soon!!

Edited by Seth Cold

Guest trispect

Yes indeed!!

Tried also installing the other Launcher.apk, but it won't work. 5 balls appears to the bottom of the screen but it's not working...

Guest drigerott

install home++ :) the best home scree replacement ^^

Yes indeed!!

Tried also installing the other Launcher.apk, but it won't work. 5 balls appears to the bottom of the screen but it's not working...

Guest drigerott

then you must wait a new custom from modaco :) i'm sure that at max tomorrow we can see here in the forum the new rom

I don't like it... =(

Kind of annoying the miniscule launcher icons at home screen.

Guest liquid_it

No problem here: I did the usual shell rm of the 3-screens launcher and then pushed the new one to /system/app, and it just works..

Guest lucian785
yes it does! (still it wipes everything, even the recovery)

Built 29/12 2009...

fastboot ver v1.00.01 (i think its the same as the 1.004)

so it took them 12 days to release... not bad :)

Please tell me do you have any problems with this rom, because i know that your original rom was 1.001.05-AAP-CSL like mine, can i upgrade without any issues after? because the guy from this topic has no more radio after upgrade to 1.004 ru.

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...bricked-liquid/

Thanks!

Guest Seth Cold
Please tell me do you have any problems with this rom, because i know that your original rom was 1.001.05-AAP-CSL like mine, can i upgrade without any issues after? because the guy from this topic has no more radio after upgrade to 1.004 ru.

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...bricked-liquid/

Thanks!

i have no issues so far...

i had upgraded to 1.004 using the acer download tool w/o problems, and now again to 1.008 it's all ok, if it doesnt boot you can try using superboot or alternate superboot (happend to me when i first tried using an emea rom, using paul's stickied original rom thead)

Guest johnnyponny

I tried to install it with the ACER Download Tool but it failed(I wanted to look at the screen so I pressed the power button) and now I can't start the phone. Can't remount it nor does a icon show up when charging.

Have I possibly bricked it :S?

Edited by johnnyponny