New rom !! Acer Liquid 1.008.00 EMEA GEN1

Guest lucian785

Guest three_pineapples
Yeah, I just stopped it. Had to do it a few times throughout the flash process. But everytime I stopped windows installing (searching) drivers, it just continued flashing

I would say that the acer drivers are installed, but windows goes online and thinks there is better drivers to install and updates your acer ones, so stopping it searching means it uses your installed ones already

hmm seems like a bit of a dodgy process!!

Anyway, i unplugged it. It's not bricked! yay :) not sure what to do now...there is the option of flashing the img files from another thread, but not sure if that will update the radio which is what i'm really trying to do...also the img method seems a bit dodgy too given you aren't flashing everything.

Anyway....we'll see. Think i'm too nervous to continue trying to flash atm haha

Guest scrap2434

Fair enough. It might be dodgy, but that is windows 7 for ya I guess.

I did it and it took me a few times to work it out and yes I stopped it halfway through like you have, but in the end I got there by cancelling windows driver search.

Guest three_pineapples

meh, no i have no driver. It won't even consider one from online now let alone a local one... As soon as it switches to download mode the process just gives up because the liquid is then considered an unknown device (it's recognised in OS mode)....

Maybe i'll try digging out an old windows XP laptop sometime...but i think i've wasted enough time on this today!

Guest scrap2434
Maybe i'll try digging out an old windows XP laptop sometime...but i think i've wasted enough time on this today!

Yeah, that would probably be even easier... lol