12/Jan - MoDaCo 3.1 Chinese Unofficial (DIY)

Guest nanyou

Please detail your changes, I can include them in the kitchen!

P

I am guessing it's a 3.1 core with the HTC_CIME.apk, certs and as well as a couple of .so libraries that's needed? I've made my own as well (a HTC_CIME.zip that i found that's signed, flashed after the 3.1 core update.zip. works quite well and no bugs so far.

I haven't tried this guy yet, but I'll give it a shot later :)

p.s. this is the HTC_CIME.zip that i mentioned. It's signed, so that means you can flash it using the normal update method in custom recovery (i used RA-Hero 1.5.2). But of course, you have to make sure that your /system has enough space....

http://akari.techsuki.net/android/HTC_CIME.zip

Edited by kazuni

Guest ltj_2002

haven't encountered any problem with this core yet.

the chinese writing input is still working perfectly and got the 4 new HTC widgets.

app2sd also still working nicely.

upgraded from 2.7 without a wipe.

the internal phone memory hasn't gone up as stated by other user in the mcr thread, but got 102mb left anyway, so not gonna worry abt it for the time being.

thanks a lot!

nice job!

Guest citydog

I've applied the following package and I can now configure "Touch Input Chinese" settings.

Before I wasn't able to with MoDaCo 3.1/3.2 beta chinese package. But I can't seem to be able to switch to it within qwerty keyboard. There is not the option to switch between different inputs but as far as I remember there should be a button in lower left corner of the qwerty kb for that.

Have the way to activate a different input method in Hero ROM been changed? I did notice that even thou a new "Touch Input Chinese" item is now under "Locale and Text" but there are no checker box for either the stock "Touch Input" or the new "Touch Input Chinese" to pick which one or both to enable.

I do see the checker box if I were to install the HTC_CIME.apk via adb install command.

Edited by citydog

Guest citydog
I've applied the following package and I can now configure "Touch Input Chinese" settings.

Before I wasn't able to with MoDaCo 3.1/3.2 beta chinese package. But I can't seem to be able to switch to it within qwerty keyboard. There is not the option to switch between different inputs but as far as I remember there should be a button in lower left corner of the qwerty kb for that.

Have the way to activate a different input method in Hero ROM been changed? I did notice that even thou a new "Touch Input Chinese" item is now under "Locale and Text" but there are no checker box for either the stock "Touch Input" or the new "Touch Input Chinese" to pick which one or both to enable.

I do see the checker box if I were to install the HTC_CIME.apk via adb install command.

After applying HTC_CIME.zip package, one needs to remove the existing HTC_IME.apk and HTC_IME.odex in order to activate "Touch Input Chinese" which supports both english and all chinese input methods.

Edited by citydog

After applying HTC_CIME.zip package, one needs to remove the existing HTC_IME.apk and HTC_IME.odex in order to activate "Touch Input Chinese" which supports both english and all chinese input methods.

actually not correct.

you can enable it by long-click a textbox (i.e. message box) and select input methods to select touch input chinese. You do not need to remove HTC_IME.*.

• 2 weeks later...