How do I set up tethering Hero to Mac

Guest erugalatha

Guest erugalatha

Hi,

I have a HTC Hero with your latest baked ROM on it. I would like to set it up so that I can surf the net through the Hero on my Macbook Pro.

Is there a step by step guide to set up tethering between a HTC Hero and mac?

Thanks for any help.

Joe

Hi,

I have a HTC Hero with your latest baked ROM on it. I would like to set it up so that I can surf the net through the Hero on my Macbook Pro.

Is there a step by step guide to set up tethering between a HTC Hero and mac?

Thanks for any help.

Joe

step 1: start "wireless tether for root users" on your hero

step 2: connect mac to wifi network

done.

done.

That's one way. provided that the device is rooted first.

If you meant usb tethering (for non-rooted devices) I am not too sure as well. Anyone got any insight?

Guest erugalatha

If you meant usb tethering (for non-rooted devices) I am not too sure as well. Anyone got any insight?

Mine is rooted but I don't see the option for "wireless tether for root users" anywhere.

I have a HTC Hero with your latest baked ROM on it.

mcr IS rooted...

go to settings -> wireless controls -> check "mobile network sharing"

Mine is rooted but I don't see the option for "wireless tether for root users" anywhere.

it is an app in your menu. it is default in mcr, if you bake a mccr it is optional.

Yeah, i can see the WiFi Tether.

I just installed the latest MCR. It's running flawlessly for now..

But what if I want to share my Hero's 3G connection with my computer, using Bluetooth? Is it possible?

I'm using MacOS X (10.6 SnowLeopard).

Thank you for help.

mcr IS rooted...

go to settings -> wireless controls -> check "mobile network sharing"

it is an app in your menu. it is default in mcr, if you bake a mccr it is optional.

Sorry, my bad. Missed that line :)

Edited by kazuni

Yeah, i can see the WiFi Tether.

I just installed the latest MCR. It's running flawlessly for now..

But what if I want to share my Hero's 3G connection with my computer, using Bluetooth? Is it possible?

I'm using MacOS X (10.6 SnowLeopard).

Thank you for help.

in Wireless Tethering you can use Bluetooth as tethering I believe. It's in the options. (press menu while you're in the application).

in Wireless Tethering you can use Bluetooth as tethering I believe. It's in the options. (press menu while you're in the application).

yes indeed i can but the problem is, can i use the Bluetooth to share my 3g connection... not my wifi connection.

thanks for the answer btw.

i think so too. there is also "anetshare" on the market, which i use for wifi tethering, not sure whether is can use bluetooth.

i think so too. there is also "anetshare" on the market, which i use for wifi tethering, not sure whether is can use bluetooth.

Thank you too.. I'll give a try to "anetshare".

But if i cant tether using Bluetooth, i think i'll handle it with usb cable...

I was asking for bluetooth to use tethering with my laptop, when my phone is on my pocket :)

android-wifi-tether FAQ

EDIT : well i found this, it could help someone.

Edited by Guest

Guest erugalatha

done.

This is not what I am trying to do.

tethering as far as I understand it is to allow me to use the 3G signal on my phone to surf the internet on my laptop.

tethering as far as I understand it is to allow me to use the 3G signal on my phone to surf the internet on my laptop.

yeah, you're %100 right.

i was trying to use Bluetooth to connect but after i read the documentation which i gave the link above, i start trying to use WiFi tether.

i can now connect via my 3g connection on HTC Hero, wireless.

the thing is, with that program, your HTC Hero will become an wireless modem. and you should search it using your laptop's WiFi finder.

you'll search and find Htc Hero and connect to it just like you are connecting another wireless modem. and that's it, all set :)

Guest erugalatha
yeah, you're %100 right.

i was trying to use Bluetooth to connect but after i read the documentation which i gave the link above, i start trying to use WiFi tether.

i can now connect via my 3g connection on HTC Hero, wireless.

the thing is, with that program, your HTC Hero will become an wireless modem. and you should search it using your laptop's WiFi finder.

you'll search and find Htc Hero and connect to it just like you are connecting another wireless modem. and that's it, all set :)

cool. once I got that program installed it works like a charm.

Thanks a lot for the help.

edit: i see, it's solved.

Edited by kendon