2.x Network Location

Guest pillock

Guest pillock

Hi all

I've been flashing a few ROMs in my quest to find the most stable, usable 2.x Hero. From memory I tried the Community one first back at about v1.5, then swapped to jnwhiteh's AOSP 2.0.1 for a few revisions, think I went from r1 to r4. Then I tried Kagu for a few days, then the French one that was posted yesterday, and now I'm back on jnwhiteh r6.

Somewhere along the way, Network Location stopped working. I'm sure it worked on Community, and I'm pretty sure it was working with the first few revisions of AOSP. However, Kagu definately didn't have it, neither did the French one, and now it doesn't seem to work on AOSP r6 either.

I don't want to start posting on ROM threads claiming it doesn't work if it's something I'm doing wrong though.... I've installed Wapdroid which just constantly comes up with 'scanning', and Locale refuses to find me unless GPS is turned on. I know I've had Locale working on a 2.x ROM since I was using the GPS Switcher plugin which is unavailable on 1.5, to turn my GPS off when I was at home. Home was defined with a network location :)

Help! How can I get Network Location with a 2.x ROM again? I've been wiping between each ROM but just can't find one that provides the feature.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SprintHero

I second that.

I have the same issue on my CDMA Hero. Flashed update from Modaco unofficail 1.3 to full 2.2 Rom. No my network location services don't work even though it is checked. Wiped and re-flashed several times with no change. Any ideas??????