Screen Lock Up

Guest SpaceCracker

Guest SpaceCracker

Hello all, I just got my Acer Liquid A1 up and running and now i am having issues. At random times the phone locks up and says i need to charge the battery because its at 15 % battery left. There is a question mark in the top right hand corner where the battery power display is... I am unable to do anything unless i remove the battery and turn back on the phone. Anyone have a similar issue? Any ideas of what my problem might be?

Guest delcamahueto
Hello all, I just got my Acer Liquid A1 up and running and now i am having issues. At random times the phone locks up and says i need to charge the battery because its at 15 % battery left. There is a question mark in the top right hand corner where the battery power display is... I am unable to do anything unless i remove the battery and turn back on the phone. Anyone have a similar issue? Any ideas of what my problem might be?

same here, any update?

Guest delcamahueto
also post your build number :)

build number : test2RuAcer_Liquid_1.004.00_EMEA_GEN1

when the phone is charging the problem seems to disappear, sorry for my english.

Guest amdnikos

Ok both of you download this tool from this thread. http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...ad-tool-for-a1/

then download the latest rom from here http://download.acer-club.ru/garbage/ choose the 5th one Acer_Liquid_1.008.00_EMEA_GEN1.bin.zip . after u have download and this one file unzip it somewhere.

After you have already download both files,connect your phone with your pc via usb cable and open the Acer tool. Run ACER Download Tool [single] exe.

Acer's utility interface is gonna popup.Then select browse option on the upper right side.A new window is gonna pop up.You have to browse the second file that u have already download Acer_Liquid_1.008.00_EMEA_GEN1.bin

then just press start.Relax make a coffe or smthing. :)

its gonna take some minutes.When the ulitity writes remove your usb cable then all job is done.You ll have the last rom on your phone that includes the latest radio too which probably makes the issues with your phones.If u have any questions just post here.

I had this problem when I had the test2ru ROM in combination with the old baseband. I had gone as far as doing an analysis on the battery by means of Battery Graph from the market. Apparently, everytime the error message comes up, it seemed like the battery percentage dropped straight to 0% in the log. Fixed it by updating the baseband :) (by flashing the official Acer_Liquid_1.004.00_EMEA_GEN1 + the new 1.008). Hope this helps!

Guest SpaceCracker
I had this problem when I had the test2ru ROM in combination with the old baseband. I had gone as far as doing an analysis on the battery by means of Battery Graph from the market. Apparently, everytime the error message comes up, it seemed like the battery percentage dropped straight to 0% in the log. Fixed it by updating the baseband :) (by flashing the official Acer_Liquid_1.004.00_EMEA_GEN1 + the new 1.008). Hope this helps!

I cant seem to update because i cant sync probably. I have the drivers but dont know what to do with them. I am a newbie to this stuff...

Guest ushtobe

I have the same issue.

It always happens with a "com.android.phone stopped unexpectedly" error during a phone call or when the phone is ringing.

I have tried 3 different roms:

1. 1.001.05 AAP CSL & Baseband A1-01.01.01 (stock rom)

2. 1.004.00_EMEA_GEN1 & I don't recall the baseband

3. 2.000.03_AAP_GEN2 & Baseband A1-02.01.01 (currently on the phone)

I am using the phone on AT&T in the US. From what I have learned from researching this error on the web, it seems to be related to switching between towers that use different frequencies.

Any help on how to fix this error on the Liquid would be most appreciated.

Guest delcamahueto
I have the same issue.

It always happens with a "com.android.phone stopped unexpectedly" error during a phone call or when the phone is ringing.

I have tried 3 different roms:

1. 1.001.05 AAP CSL & Baseband A1-01.01.01 (stock rom)

2. 1.004.00_EMEA_GEN1 & I don't recall the baseband

3. 2.000.03_AAP_GEN2 & Baseband A1-02.01.01 (currently on the phone)

I am using the phone on AT&T in the US. From what I have learned from researching this error on the web, it seems to be related to switching between towers that use different frequencies.

Any help on how to fix this error on the Liquid would be most appreciated.

i have tried whit all the roms and y still having the same problems when the telefone ring, i will send my liquid to expansys.

i have tried whit all the roms and y still having the same problems when the telefone ring, i will send my liquid to expansys.

Could you please post us the result of the following commands :

boot in nomal mode

plug it to your usb cable

adb logcat (from yuo pc)

place a call

post the result in this post.

In most cases, this kind of crash are due to databases structure change from one rom to another. A wipe data resolve this issues but some specific solution could be founded without wiping.

(I have one for the acore crash when changing a contact after an update). that's why I advice you to post your log so that I can try to help

Edited by malez

Guest ushtobe

D/InCallScreen( 1114): [okToDialDTMFTones] foreground state: IDLE, ringing state: true, call screen mode: NORMAL, result: false
D/InCallScreen( 1114): updateMenuButtonHint()...
D/InCallScreen( 1114): onWindowFocusChanged(true)...
W/IInputConnectionWrapper( 1120): showStatusIcon on inactive InputConnection
D/CallCard( 1114): updatePhotoForCallState(INCOMING)...
D/PhoneApp( 1114): mReceiver: ACTION_ANY_DATA_CONNECTION_STATE_CHANGED
D/NetworkLocationProvider( 1034): onDataConnectionStateChanged 1
D/PhoneApp( 1114): - state: DISCONNECTED
D/PhoneApp( 1114): - reason: simLoaded
D/GpsLocationProvider( 1034): state: DISCONNECTED apnName: wap.cingular reason: simLoaded
I/WindowManager( 1034): onOrientationChanged, rotation changed to 1
W/Ms3CSensor( 979): Ms3AxesMsDrvMsMeasure failed[-5]
D/CallNotifier( 1114): onDisconnect()... phone state: IDLE
D/CallNotifier( 1114): - onDisconnect: cause = INCOMING_MISSED, incoming = true, date = 1264477138652
D/CallNotifier( 1114): resetAudioStateAfterDisconnect()...
D/PhoneUtils( 1114): PhoneUtils.setAudioMode(MODE_NORMAL)...
[/codebox]

This section of the log is from an unanswered incoming call. The screen freezes when the phone stops ringing. "W/Ms3CSensor( 979): Ms3AxesMsDrvMsMeasure failed[-5]" repeats many times after this. I can post more of the log if needed.

BTW, I booted into recovery mode and did a wipe. This did not fix the problem.

Any help would be most appreciated.

This section of the log is from an unanswered incoming call. The screen freezes when the phone stops ringing. "W/Ms3CSensor( 979): Ms3AxesMsDrvMsMeasure failed[-5]" repeats many times after this. I can post more of the log if needed.

BTW, I booted into recovery mode and did a wipe. This did not fix the problem.

Any help would be most appreciated.

have your try to disable orientaiton detection and proximity sensor ?

Guest SpaceCracker

My phone freezes up not during calls but when i hang up. I get that question mark inside my battery icon. It freezes up when i go into different applications as well. Random times... Maybe its just not meant to work in my area. (Philadelphia)

Guest ushtobe
My phone freezes up not during calls but when i hang up. I get that question mark inside my battery icon. It freezes up when i go into different applications as well. Random times... Maybe its just not meant to work in my area. (Philadelphia)

Are you on AT&T or T-Mobile?

Guest McGilljam

Well well well... I'm not alone.

I have exact this problem except that it can happen randomly, not only with calls.

My Liquid can even: put screen in landscape - freeze - show me that message about charge - freeze....

If I wait and wait my Liquid will restart by it self.

I'm using 2.000.5 right now, but I've got that behavior with older roms to.

Sometimes, my Liquid will not even put my screen in landscape... only thing to do is restart.

That and my thread about Headset Button Respond to...

Well well well... I'm not alone.

I have exact this problem except that it can happen randomly, not only with calls.

My Liquid can even: put screen in landscape - freeze - show me that message about charge - freeze....

If I wait and wait my Liquid will restart by it self.

I'm using 2.000.5 right now, but I've got that behavior with older roms to.

Sometimes, my Liquid will not even put my screen in landscape... only thing to do is restart.

That and my thread about Headset Button Respond to...

Really seems to be a hardware bug. Maybe wiith orientation detection.

Have you try to disable orientation detection and proximity sensor ? (have already asked before, I know)

Do you have logs to provide ?

Guest McGilljam
Really seems to be a hardware bug. Maybe wiith orientation detection.

Have you try to disable orientation detection and proximity sensor ? (have already asked before, I know)

Do you have logs to provide ?

No, no logs, but I can try to get some next time it happens.

:)

Download from here (from acer Hong Kong) :

http://www.acer.com.hk/acer/service.do?Lan...;CRC=1180927874

Patch 1.0 for CSL rom. fix system unstable problem.

1. The system hangs when the ringtone is set to "Digital Phone" and there

is an incoming call.

2. The Camera function hangs when trying to record a video.

I have looked into the patch and it changes one ring and patch libopencore_author.so.

Guest designgears

I had this issue today, incoming call.

I am on ACER_Liquid_2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1, flashed stock then rooted.

firmware: 1.6

baseband: A1-02.01.03

kernel: 2.6.29

build number: ACER_Liquid_2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1

Never thought this hadn't been fixed yet. Gave the phone to my brother and since 1.008 the occurrences are much much much less. From my observation, battery graph showed that the battery level drops suddenly to 0% whenever this occurs. Possibly due to battery voltage dropping below the threshold.