Using Ubuntu Live CD to ccess ext4 partition

Guest JamesKing

Guest JamesKing

I've downloaded the ubuntu Live CD and have connected up my memory card to my PC I wanted to see what was on my ext4 partition (that I use for Apps2SD). For some reason, whenever I go to open the folder (the icon for this has a cross on it!), I get a warning that I do not have permission to access it. My own memory card!!

Can anyone explain to someone new to linux how I can fix this so I can explore my ext4 partition using the Live CD :)

Thanks,

James

I've downloaded the ubuntu Live CD and have connected up my memory card to my PC I wanted to see what was on my ext4 partition (that I use for Apps2SD). For some reason, whenever I go to open the folder (the icon for this has a cross on it!), I get a warning that I do not have permission to access it. My own memory card!!

Can anyone explain to someone new to linux how I can fix this so I can explore my ext4 partition using the Live CD :)

Thanks,

James

This should hopefully work:

Press alt+F2 - this should open a dialog box

Type

gksudo nautilus

This will run nautilus (the file manager / browser) with superuser permissions (akin to an administrator in Windows). (I don't think this step should prompt you for a password - if it does I'm not sure what the password would be)

The navigate to your memory card partition in the side bar, which might well have a strange name composed of letters and numbers (this is the UUID - a unique name for that partition).

Now you should be able to do what you want.