Warranty Question

Guest stigitybob

Guest stigitybob

Hi Guys,

I have a fault with my phone not receiving a 3G connection its been there from day one but I only really noticed it after I put Nandroid and a Modaco rom on my phone (i thought the problem was with my reception at first but it turned out not to be the case), I'm fairly sure if they notice these they'll void the warranty and not fix my Hero. I can grab a generic rom from here and flash it easy enough but can I remove Nandroid? and would they notice what I've done?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Guys,

I have a fault with my phone not receiving a 3G connection its been there from day one but I only really noticed it after I put Nandroid and a Modaco rom on my phone (i thought the problem was with my reception at first but it turned out not to be the case), I'm fairly sure if they notice these they'll void the warranty and not fix my Hero. I can grab a generic rom from here and flash it easy enough but can I remove Nandroid? and would they notice what I've done?

Thanks in advance!

Using an RUU should overwrite the Recovery image (what you're calling nandroid).

Just make sure you use one that matches the provider of your phone (eg. generic HTC/T-Mobile UK/Orange etc.)

HTH

Guest stigitybob
Using an RUU should overwrite the Recovery image (what you're calling nandroid).

Just make sure you use one that matches the provider of your phone (eg. generic HTC/T-Mobile UK/Orange etc.)

HTH

Excellent news! Thanks for your help