is it possible to have A2SD without need to root?

Guest cezent

Hi all, I know this must be a very amateur question but is there anyway to install app to SD card instead of the phone memory without rooting the phone?

Since A2SD is about the only benefit that is useful to me in a custom ROM, I m just trying to see if there is any alternative way of achieving same results without voiding the warranty.

Hi all, I know this must be a very amateur question but is there anyway to install app to SD card instead of the phone memory without rooting the phone?

Since A2SD is about the only benefit that is useful to me in a custom ROM, I m just trying to see if there is any alternative way of achieving same results without voiding the warranty.

During the Google press event, they actually said they were working on an update to enable apps on your SD card.

During the Google press event, they actually said they were working on an update to enable apps on your SD card.

That would come real handy...i mean custom ROM have lots of extra benefit but I would always prefer to play around with stock ROM for a while before rooting my phone.

Memory limit is just too big a issue for any android phone including the Nexus One....