What will happen when google release updates?

Guest cezent

Does anyone know what will happen when google release any future updates for nexus one?

It seems everyone s assuming all future updates will be OTA but with currently no network carriers in UK supporting Nexus One, and likely that not all carrier will support the phone even after the UK Launch, will OTA update still in place? Especially it doesnt look like there is anything like HTCSync for Nexus One that allow manual flashing of the ROM from PC either...or perhaps Google can push through OTA updates generally across the globe without going through any network carrier?

Edited by cezent

Does anyone know what will happen when google release any future updates for nexus one?

It seems everyone s assuming all future updates will be OTA but with currently no network carriers in UK supporting Nexus One, and likely that not all carrier will support the phone even after the UK Launch, will OTA update still in place? Especially it doesnt look like there is anything like HTCSync for Nexus One that allow manual flashing of the ROM from PC either...or perhaps Google can push through OTA updates generally across the globe without going through any network carrier?

Most OTA updates are not handled by the networks or the manufacturers they are handled by WDSglobal don't ask me how as I don't know but I do know these are the guys that handle most OTA updates!

OTA = Over The Air and how are they going to do that with an unlocked device..

They probably just be on HTC site since they're responsible for the software updates

OTA = Over The Air and how are they going to do that with an unlocked device..

They probably just be on HTC site since they're responsible for the software updates

If you read the link I posted and some of the pages leading from it, you'll learn a lot more than what OTA means and how they push it to a device whether it is locked down to a network or sim free, made by BlackBerry or HTC, in France or the middle of the USA......

Guest Mantisen
We'll probably get the updates leaked well before Google/HTC post them. :)

P

QFT!

By the way it's quotes like the one above that makes me Love this place :)

response from Google on this issue:

"Best answer - Bin (Google Employee)

Yes, we'll make sure that the OTAs are available to our UK users. Sorry I don't have more specifics about delivery method at the moment!"

Guest Mantisen
response from Google on this issue:

"Best answer - Bin (Google Employee)

Yes, we'll make sure that the OTAs are available to our UK users. Sorry I don't have more specifics about delivery method at the moment!"

Perhaps one should ask Google if the OTAs will reach those who've imported the device outside of the designated selling countries though I figure they'll just say no because "that market isn't supported yet". :) But I will probably survive without OTA since dear Paul will hopefully release a custom rom that improves the OTA before it's out :)

Hopefully these expectations doesn't put to much presure on you Paul :)

yup, I m sure any updates will show up here before google sends it out.:)

but as far as google concerns regarding peopld who dont wanna root their phone, I wont be surprise if they post some sort of download from their website like HTC does, as well as OTA in various countries...the bottomline is, we ll all get it eventually...