Your Home Screenshots ! *Hero*

Guest Marcony0

Guest Marcony0
Is it possible to put Larva labs on the second screen?

I doubt, but its nice if you want your phone to work smoothly. You can kill Sense and run that,would be usefull for work and off work back to sense :)

Guest bandroid
bandroid, what is the wallpaper for your screens, and where can it be found?

Download the app "Backgrounds".

You'll find it under the category Patterns.

Guest Beekhouse
I doubt, but its nice if you want your phone to work smoothly. You can kill Sense and run that,would be usefull for work and off work back to sense :)

Yeah but it looked like he had it on his second screen, and i've never seen that option so i was just wondering..

Guest paulosman

Heres mine:

post-43000-1263574146_thumb.png post-43000-1263574166_thumb.png post-43000-1263574173_thumb.png post-43000-1263574181_thumb.png post-43000-1263574195_thumb.png post-43000-1263574204_thumb.png post-43000-1263574213_thumb.png post-43000-1263574286_thumb.png

Using MoDaCo Custom Kitchen Rom 3.1

Ubuntu Titling Font

Black-Eclair Theme (from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=615096 )

Better Keyboard - Android Skin

I'm also playing with Lockbot Pro, the Flan lockscreen is very nice. Normally I'm running a self-modified AOSP Rom (KaguDroid mainly) but with Paul's amazing work on his MCR Kitchen I just had to try it out. Missing the 2.x rom'age tho. Cant wait for the 2.1 source to get dropped so some real magic can come from all the devs!

Oz

Edited by paulosman

Guest tone-fu

Your screens look right nifty, folks!

I'm a noob to this theming malarky though, I've had a mess about with themes on my G1 with some success but i wasn't sure what themes (if any) I could apply to the hero. Would anyone care to give me a brief 101?

How do you apply a MetaMorph theme? I downloaded the Eclair .zip file and then I could choose between lots of .apk files. I chose one, it said I had to reboot and then my phone was stuck on the htc bootscreen forever. Had to do a nandroid restore.

Guest Roonil Wazlib
How do you apply a MetaMorph theme? I downloaded the Eclair .zip file and then I could choose between lots of .apk files. I chose one, it said I had to reboot and then my phone was stuck on the htc bootscreen forever. Had to do a nandroid restore.

Just hit the "apply all" if you want the full theme (it's really nice so there's no point not getting it all ;D) weird about the stuck thing though, I didn't come across that I'm afraid!

Guest tone-fu

Yeah, just applied the Eclair .zip with MetaMorph and it worked fine with MoDaCo 3.1 custom. I had a force close after 1st boot but *touch wood* it's been fine since.

It's just a matter of choosing the .zip in MetaMorph and hitting 'Apply All'. Mine asked me repeatedly to reboot after it had done, every time I clicked 'reboot' the message would loop so I manually rebooted and it was fine.

It's applying everything now for a while, I'm sure it'll do fine. I guess I wasn't supposed to selectively apply some .apk's of the theme.

/edit: no go again. MCR 3.1, after reboot it hangs at the htc logo. I won't pollute this thread with my MetaMorph troubles anymore though, I'll give it a another go when I've got a fresh ROM. At least I could give Titanium Backup some good tests: data restore on Apps Organizer works fine :)

Edited by jelbo

Guest Marcony0

So this means i can select things are modified and apply it ?? which one changes the Notification bar to be transparent ? :)

EDIT: my post hit +5k :) ... but you know guys, i wish to see screen shot of Paul's android :) he is The Man after all ! :)

Edited by Marcony0

Guest Warren_TheRed
MAUfAl.pngqZ67Nl.png2ZDM5.png

0iB5e.png

2PYup.pngl8VOFl.png

My sixth screen is just the Sense full screen twitter widget.

Whoa could you tell me what widgets you have here mate - especially on the 1st and 2nd screen. I particularity like the news feeds they look awesome. What program is that?

Kudos great Hero there mate. After seeing that my philosophy is now free space is wasted space.

Edited by Warren_TheRed

Guest bandroid
Whoa could you tell me what widgets you have here mate - especially on the 1st and 2nd screen. I particularity like the news feeds they look awesome. What program is that?

Kudos great Hero there mate. After seeing that my philosophy is now free space is wasted space.

1. Mobile Buzz, Tech Buzz, News Buzz

2. The Guardian Anywhere (This Widget is wonderful. You click the image or headline to get to the particular story but you can also click little category text or the date to refresh and the little g icon takes you to the app homescreen)

3. Remember the Milk

4. Calwidget

Yep, I took a functional and data-centric approach instead of a app-centric.

Guest masterpfa
I have to say that this thread was an awesome idea but it has made me realise how completely boring my phone looks!

I now have some ideas on how to improve it a little.

Thanks peeps :)

I agree great thread, some great ideas for Screens, backgrounds and themes.

If possible could we also have a brief explanation to theme and widgets on your phones

:)

If this has been asked for , apologies :)

Guest masterpfa
1. Mobile Buzz, Tech Buzz, News Buzz

2. The Guardian Anywhere (This Widget is wonderful. You click the image or headline to get to the particular story but you can also click little category text or the date to refresh and the little g icon takes you to the app homescreen)

3. Remember the Milk

4. Calwidget

Yep, I took a functional and data-centric approach instead of a app-centric.

Great widgets, I agree too, have used News Room Trial, great for my needs but only a trial (loathe to pay the handling cost my bank charges me for foreign currency transactions so won't be getting the paid version of that) but I feel Mobile Buzz, News Buzz, Tech Buzz plus The Guardian Anywhere will suit my needs and fill the extra blank screens I currently have!

:)

Guest PhonePersona

You will need to install Metamorph and AndExplorer from the market.

Launch Metamorph and browse to the location of the Eclair file to select it.

After selection, an extraction process will occur (There are over 4300 files, so this takes a while).

Once its done, you select which specific files you want 'themed' or you can do a 'select all'.

Reboot.

Try to be mindful of the process, don't get ahead of yourself and you should do just fine.

I hope this helps.

Edited by PhonePersona