Your Home Screenshots ! *Hero*

Guest Marcony0

Guest DarthOps
You will need to install Metamorph and AndExplorer from the market.

Launch Metamorph and browse to the location of the Eclair file to select it.

After selection, an extraction process will occur (There are over 4300 files, so this takes a while).

Once its done, you select which specific files you want 'themed' or you can do a 'select all'.

Reboot.

Try to be mindful of the process, don't get ahead of yourself and you should do just fine.

I hope this helps.

I gave the black eclair theme a try using Metamorph, it looked amazing but I had one problem, the HTC clock+weather looked really strange, half of it looked the way it was supposed to but the bottom half of it looked like a black blob without any styling. I dunno, maybe it was just me!

Also, the first time I tried to apply it, the process seemed to mess up when my phone locked (The process takes a while!). When I re-entered my pass code to get back, it couldn't load sense and I had to reboot, so, don't let the phone time-out and lock when applying the updates through metamorph!

Edited by DarthOps

Whats the time and date widget shown above? Is it available on the Market? I've searched but can't find it..

DiviClock Widget

http://www.androlib.com/android.applicatio...clock-xmBx.aspx

gbhil, what app is it that shows the curretn remaining ram? and I suppose that blue icon at top is taskmanager?

SysTray Monitor

http://www.androlib.com/android.applicatio...e-com-qFpE.aspx

Blue icon is just a Twidroid notification

Where did you get the 2.1 app drawer, I have been looking everywhere for that!

Pulled the png's out of a nexus dump's Launcher, reworked a bit and replaced them in the 1.6 Launcher.apk. Attached is a zip of the files you need to change in Launcher.apk, with their directory structure intact. Should work with 1.5 as well, but as always, back up first.

res.zip

Guest Vido.Ardes

@gbhil Don't spose you have the modified apk do you? I tried add the files you posted to the apk I extrcted from my ROM and I just ended breaking all my widgets and havign to a restore :)

Guest miragebg
donutcap.png

AOSP Donut ROM on CDMA Hero

gumbocap.png

Custom ROM (Gumbo ROM v.1.5b) based on Modaco 2.0

lockcap.png

Lockscreen

How do you get gmail "numbers of mails" on the icon? It's cupcake, right? (the second screenshot I mean)

Edited by miragebg

@gbhil Don't spose you have the modified apk do you? I tried add the files you posted to the apk I extrcted from my ROM and I just ended breaking all my widgets and havign to a restore :)

Sure do :)

Attached, but as I said, it's for a 1.6 build so YMMV. It's inside the zip, not renamed.

Launcher.zip

Guest Vido.Ardes
Sure do :)

Attached, but as I said, it's for a 1.6 build so YMMV. It's inside the zip, not renamed.

Widgets work, but the drawer looks the same somehow... never mind, thanks for tryin. I guess I'll have to wait for a 2.1 ROM

Widgets work, but the drawer looks the same somehow... never mind, thanks for tryin. I guess I'll have to wait for a 2.1 ROM

Rosie apk is interfering I'll bet. As an experiment -

Nandroid backup

Double check Nandroid Backup :)

adb pull /system/app/Rosie.apk

adb pull /system/app/Rosie.odex

adb remount

adb shell

cd /system/app/

rm -r Rosie.*

reboot
See if the new Launcher.apk works without Rosie running. To reverse,
adb push Rosie.apk /system/app/Rosie.apk

adb push Rosie.odex /system/app/Rosie.odex

or restore nandroid backup

Guest Vido.Ardes
Rosie apk is interfering I'll bet. As an experiment -

Nandroid backup

Double check Nandroid Backup :)

adb pull /system/app/Rosie.apk

adb pull /system/app/Rosie.odex

adb remount

adb shell

cd /system/app/

rm -r Rosie.*

reboot
See if the new Launcher.apk works without Rosie running. To reverse,
adb push Rosie.apk /system/app/Rosie.apk

adb push Rosie.odex /system/app/Rosie.odex

or restore nandroid backup

I'm running AOSP 2.0 so it isn't Rosie that's the problem

I'm running AOSP 2.0 so it isn't Rosie that's the problem

Ahhh. It's not going to work ever then. Sorry man. I'm sure somewhere in 2.0's Launcher.apk you could swap out the graphics. Look through the drawable, and port folders inside.

I'm CDMA so I'm sticking to 1.6 until we get the kernel source. I need my hardware to work lol.

Guest Vido.Ardes
Ahhh. It's not going to work ever then. Sorry man. I'm sure somewhere in 2.0's Launcher.apk you could swap out the graphics. Look through the drawable, and port folders inside.

I'm CDMA so I'm sticking to 1.6 until we get the kernel source. I need my hardware to work lol.

I'm playing about with the images now. You've given me a great headstart with all the resources though, so thanks for that