Toshiba TG01 Connected to External Hard Disc

Guest kevinpwhite

Guest kevinpwhite

I am delighted to advise success in connecting the TG01 to a self-powered external hard drive and obtaining excellent data transfer results for multimedia files. Full details are contained in my earlier post on Brighthand.

This thread also contains some additional details concerning the configuration and use of the micro-USB port and associated cables.

Hope this is of interest :)

Regards,

Kevin

Edited by kevinpwhite

Guest The Real Mc Coy

Yes USB Host works great if the USB device is self powered or does not use too much power. For exemple card readers, USB keys and some low consuption hard drives (SSD and some 2.5" drives) work flawlessly :)

But data transfer rate is not very good compared to computer data rate.

Edited by The Real Mc Coy

Guest xdalover
Yes USB Host works great if the USB device is self powered or does not use too much power. For exemple card readers, USB keys and some low consuption hard drives (SSD and some 2.5" drives) work flawlessly :)

Remind that Hard Disk must be formatted on FAT32, NTSC (unfortunatelly) it's not supported by Windows CE

The power supply is well in excess of 100 mA. I power USB ultrasound probes with it:

I've measured the data transfer rate in excess of 26 Mb/s and that includes do lots of processing on the phone in addition to the USB transfer. No, it's not 480 Mb/s (and the bus does report as a USB 2.0 high speed device which is seems to be due to the data rates I see).

Guest xdalover
My NTFS drive works fine. Also, WM6.5 improves the USB transfer speed compared to 6.1.

Really? I though that it was not possible, at least under WM6.1 Are you shure?

Can anybody confirm it?

I've just formated an USB pen driver on NTFS (instructions here if somebody interested http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-t...ormat-usb-ntfs/ ) and TG01 can't recognize it. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong....or not

Yours