[HELP] Too many patterns attempts!

Guest carpao

Being in the pocket... probably my hero get too many failed pattern attempts... and this could be understandable...

the problem is that now it is asking me for my gmail login and password, but then it does not accept them...

any idea?

I have MCR 3.1

I have a nandroid backup of MCR 2.9... I think that probably, recover from it should solve the problem...

I have also USB debugging set to on... so I can connect from PC via USB...

do you have some ideas?

thx in advance

Guest maddiez

i have encountered this problem before, what i've done is:

1. change your Google service password on PC

2. call your Hero from another phone, pick it up and hang, you should return to the home screen

3. open up Market/Gmail or anything uses Google services authentication, it will say the password's incorrect

4. input your new password and proceed

5. then disable the buggy pattern lock...

thankyou...

I had some additional problem because my sim was data only... so I had to put in a sim from my other phone...

but then it worked...

The procedure that I followed is:

I skipped the first step...

call me from another phone

hang and go to the home screen...

I had a notification of problems in sync... so it asked however to insert again the password of my gmail account (instead of step 3)

then I log out and then again power up...

again it said me about to many pattern attempts but this time the google login and password is accepted... :-D

thx

BTW I had enabled also wavesecure on my hero... so I had some sort of check of what are the wavesecure messages when some one put another sim in the phone...nice!!!

no idea about WaveSecure, never used it before.. but anyways, glad you had the problem solved. :-)

Good to hear the problem's fixed. If you google for it, there is a way to reset the pattern using adb. I'm sure anyone who needs it can find it, but I'll not post it, since that's probably just inviting trouble.

FWIW, pattern lock isn't really a good security solution for many reasons.

I'm really impressed by wavesecure though. I wiped my phone, removed my SD Card and installed a new ROM (with it on the system partition), and the software had its settings intact! I think it downloads them from a server silently, which is pretty good! It still knew it was my phone, so after a full wipe and SD card being removed, it would still be locked if I had sent the command beforehand!