No mobile network after install MoDaCo 2.0

Guest Jason Voegele

Guest Jason Voegele

I just installed this ROM (version 2.0) and I thought everything was working beautifully. However, once I left my house and my Wi-Fi network was out of range, I noticed that the 3G mobile network does not work at all. I tried using Twidroid, Facebook, and Dolphin browser but none of them could establish a data connection. I've since rebooted the phone several times but still no 3G mobile network (or any mobile network, not even "1G"). :)

I have checked the "Wireless controls" settings to ensure that "Mobile network" is checked, and inside the "Mobile network settings" I have ensured that "Enable always-on mobile data" is checked and "Mode of operation" is set to hybrid. Nonetheless, no mobile network.

Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance.

Guest shenshang
I just installed this ROM (version 2.0) and I thought everything was working beautifully. However, once I left my house and my Wi-Fi network was out of range, I noticed that the 3G mobile network does not work at all. I tried using Twidroid, Facebook, and Dolphin browser but none of them could establish a data connection. I've since rebooted the phone several times but still no 3G mobile network (or any mobile network, not even "1G"). :)

I have checked the "Wireless controls" settings to ensure that "Mobile network" is checked, and inside the "Mobile network settings" I have ensured that "Enable always-on mobile data" is checked and "Mode of operation" is set to hybrid. Nonetheless, no mobile network.

Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance.

have you tried a complete wipe and reflash?

Guest Jason Voegele
Investigating... was this a stock 2.0 or a online kitchen build?

This was an online kitchen build with the following items checked:

• Core
  • Google Maps
  • Google Voice Search
  • Sense
  • Footprints
  • Mail
  • Market widgets
  • Notes
  • Teeter
  • Navigator
  • NFL
  • TV
  • Jbed Java
  • Quickoffice
  • Spare Parts
  • Titanium Backup
  • WaveSecure
  • WiFi status indicator
  • WiFi tethering
  • Dropbear SSH server

Could you do a nandroid backup, then try the non kitchen build and see if you still have the same problem?

Then we can determine if it's in the base ROM or in the kitchen.

P

Guest Jason Voegele
Could you do a nandroid backup, then try the non kitchen build and see if you still have the same problem?

Sure, I'll do this right now and post back with the results.

Guest Jason Voegele

Perhaps I did something wrong, but after flashing the core (non kitchen) MoDaCo 2.0 ROM, basically nothing works. I get no radio signal and a barrage of Force Close messages after boot.

For the time being, I'm going to restore my nandroid backup of the original HTC/Sprint firmware. Please let me know if you find anything out, or if there is something else I could try to help debug.

Perhaps I did something wrong, but after flashing the core (non kitchen) MoDaCo 2.0 ROM, basically nothing works. I get no radio signal and a barrage of Force Close messages after boot.

For the time being, I'm going to restore my nandroid backup of the original HTC/Sprint firmware. Please let me know if you find anything out, or if there is something else I could try to help debug.

I also used a custom bake from the kitchen and once it booted my internet would not connect either. I tried to wipe and reinstall the custom ROM and once I got to the unlock screen the HTC would just sit there on the screen. So im restoring my nandroid right now and will see if installing the core ROM will result in a success or more issues.

I also used a custom bake from the kitchen and once it booted my internet would not connect either. I tried to wipe and reinstall the custom ROM and once I got to the unlock screen the HTC would just sit there on the screen. So im restoring my nandroid right now and will see if installing the core ROM will result in a success or more issues.

Ok, I restored my nandriod and everything is as it was. I have data and internet, and no FC's. Im thinking it had something to do with the custom kitchen. I will try to download the core in a few.

I had the same issue, i also backed the ROM in the kitchen and had no EVDO had to go back to the original that i backed up Nandroid. And everything went back to normal. Have EVDO now.

There must be problem with something, hope this can get fixed.

Guest Jason Voegele
I have updated the kitchen now and the data-connectivity, reboot and boot sound issues are fixed! :)

Hooray! Data connectivity (and everything else, so far) works with my new kitchen build! :)

Thanks for all of the great work!