Forgot to wipe before flashing :(

Guest feelmychi

Guest feelmychi

Heya all, I just tried flashing the MCR vanilla rom onto my pulse and didn't wipe beforehand - now my device won't go past the android loading screen... what can I do... please?

feelmychi

Guest david_dawkins
Heya all, I just tried flashing the MCR vanilla rom onto my pulse and didn't wipe beforehand - now my device won't go past the android loading screen... what can I do... please?

feelmychi

See this post: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1156648

It shows you how to boot into recovery mode, and I *think* you can do a wipe from there.

I just tried that, and command just tells me continuously that it's "waiting for device"... :)

Try running it with superuser permissions (e.g., put "sudo" infront of the command you used).

Guest starkos
I just tried that, and command just tells me continuously that it's "waiting for device"... :)

Are you unable to boot into recovery by holding menu & red buttons whilst turning the phone on?

Guest feelmychi
Are you unable to boot into recovery by holding menu & red buttons whilst turning the phone on?

admittedly I didn't know that you could do that :/ I just managed to fix it by doing the forced update via volume up and end call, but thanks anyways :) Luckily I did a nandroid backup so I can restore everything though :)