What changes are needed from i8000 Rom to b7610 rom?

Guest jeewee85

Guest jeewee85

Hey Guys,

I`ve been reading a lot on this forum and it seems that developments are much faster at the i8000 forum sections. Some guys already made some very nice roms based on WM 6.5.5. It would be nice if the I8000 roms could be used. I don`t know anything about cooking roms, but is it possible to adapt a i8000 rom in a way that it works on the b7610(making the qwerty keyboard available etc). The phones are pretty similar.

Regards,

JW

Guest .:stn:.
Hey Guys,

I`ve been reading a lot on this forum and it seems that developments are much faster at the i8000 forum sections. Some guys already made some very nice roms based on WM 6.5.5. It would be nice if the I8000 roms could be used. I don`t know anything about cooking roms, but is it possible to adapt a i8000 rom in a way that it works on the b7610(making the qwerty keyboard available etc). The phones are pretty similar.

Regards,

JW

Definitely too much time consuming, troublesome, risky.. and not worth.. I think the new FW for 7610 wile be available soon, they just want probably to integrate it with adding PRO to the samsung app store and thus releasine FW with app store application. Nevertheless it's strange that for  o2 they've released a few ROMs so far and not realy any for b7610. Ok, they,re being made, but only available when buying new cell, not for the gsm shops, which is totally strange.

Guest jeewee85

well... probably due to the fact that more people bought the o2 i8000 more custom roms are available, it(i8000) came out a little earlier right? The Roms that are made available by for example secany, are those roms from samsung? ripped from new phones? or is secany connected to samsung in one way or another?

Guest .:stn:.
well... probably due to the fact that more people bought the o2 i8000 more custom roms are available, it(i8000) came out a little earlier right? The Roms that are made available by for example secany, are those roms from samsung? ripped from new phones? or is secany connected to samsung in one way or another?

you can't really rip the FW form the phone, well PDA yes but not full csc or phone, these not modified are official firmware released by samsung and made available to gsm shops. At our polish forum we have access to all samsung FW branded, open not only for omnias but also other models as well. Yet, no word of b7610. So ther's even no decent 6.5 ROM to base cooked one at.