Hero 2.1 Mid february ?????

Guest commodoor

Would I be right in saying that when this does get released, it will be worthless until a custom ROM is made of it? As it would surely unroot the Hero?

If so, then hopefully Paul gets to it as soon as :)

Guest jnwhiteh
Would I be right in saying that when this does get released, it will be worthless until a custom ROM is made of it? As it would surely unroot the Hero?

If so, then hopefully Paul gets to it as soon as :)

If you apply the RRU, yes, you could ahve some issues. Luckily you don't need to do that. Within minutes of it being released, there'll be an update.zip for you to consume, as per usual =).

If you apply the RRU, yes, you could ahve some issues. Luckily you don't need to do that. Within minutes of it being released, there'll be an update.zip for you to consume, as per usual =).

In Monty Burns style - Eeexcellent.

Guest starfarer
I don't care anymore...I was really fed up and I got myself a NexusOne yesterday...should arrive shortly and then I won't bother anymore about these HTC behavior because on the other hand Google releases sources hyper fast... Full sources for the whole 2.1 OS are already out...kernel source was released just a few days after the phone was released....

sad to hear that gurus abandoning Hero and jumping on N1. Already frustrating to see Dream users getting all dev's attention and now N1 :) :).

Well as per the motherboard or other IC manufacturers you mentioned...they have nothing to do with innovation & design... The innovation comes from Intel,AMD,Nvidia etc...All US based...

My point was only to say that the people building/testing SenseUI were not in Taiwan/China...And on another matter I really doubt that if my HTC gets broken while on Chinese NY holidays, they won't be answering my calls or processing RMAs...

Last but not least , I do agree with everyone on the fact that HTC is very bad at updating/releasing software and source code...and you know what ? I don't care anymore...I was really fed up and I got myself a NexusOne yesterday...should arrive shortly and then I won't bother anymore about these HTC behavior because on the other hand Google releases sources hyper fast... Full sources for the whole 2.1 OS are already out...kernel source was released just a few days after the phone was released....

Hope that does not mean that there will be no more kernel's from you... you'r kernels rock! And you can not buy Nexus One in norway.. anyone know a website that ships outside UK or home country where you can buy it?

Edited by Naruc

Guest Trekster2000
Hope that does not mean that there will be no more kernel's from you... you'r kernels rock! And you can not buy Nexus One in norway.. anyone know a website that ships outside UK or home country where you can buy it?

The guys in Denmark are buying them off of E-Bay i suspect that Teknologist has done something similar.

Guest uniqron
sad to hear that gurus abandoning Hero and jumping on N1. Already frustrating to see Dream users getting all dev's attention and now N1 :) :) .

Yeah, I hear you man...

But then again, the Dream was the first of it's kind with specific hardware. The Nexus1 is the first "real" upgrade over that. That specific hardware set is the next one that will be "re-done" a couple of times.

There will be the Bravo, Legend, and some bar-hardware-QWERTY device with the same guts later this year.

Guest teknologist
The guys in Denmark are buying them off of E-Bay i suspect that Teknologist has done something similar.

Well Teknologist has a few bunch of friends/family in NYC and one of them was kind enough to buy it and bring it back to Paris next week...Haven't even paid for the phone yet!! ;-)

BTW wouldn't ever buy that on eBay...just too scared of a scam...You really don't know anyone in the US or UK ????

Anyway, I don't see why I won't be producing my kernels for Hero anymore as I still have the device and don't plan to sell it any soon, so rest assured, as soon as HTC releases 2.6.29 kernel sources for Hero I am pretty sure I will put some joy in hacking a 2.6.29 (Hero 2.1 ready) kernel fro Hero... ;-)

For the rest I don't think there is anything left to do on the 2.6.27 kernel so almost sure TCK 1.91/1.92 will be the last for 1.5 based ROMS...

Edited by teknologist

Guest commodoor
Well Teknologist has a few bunch of friends/family in NYC and one of them was kind enough to buy it and bring it back to Paris next week...Haven't even paid for the phone yet!! ;-)

BTW wouldn't ever buy that on eBay...just too scared of a scam...You really don't know anyone in the US or UK ????

Anyway, I don't see why I won't be producing my kernels for Hero anymore as I still have the device and don't plan to sell it any soon, so rest assured, as soon as HTC releases 2.6.29 kernel sources for Hero I am pretty sure I will put some joy in hacking a 2.6.29 (Hero 2.1 ready) kernel fro Hero... ;-)

For the rest I don't think there is anything left to do on the 2.6.27 kernel so almost sure TCK 1.91/1.92 will be the last for 1.5 based ROMS...

Thats very nice to hear, and i will wait for more kernels from you.

But HTC is really slow with releasing new ROM's and its very annoying. and reading this thread makes you confused, there are good arguments that it probaly won't be released in feb.

Guest Trekster2000

I do, i'm not after an N1. I would rather wait for the Bravo i like Sense too much to let it go ATM even though the updates are *slow*... For me even 1,5 + sense is better than 2.1 without it(personal preference!).

I was just stating what others from Denmark have done to get the N1.

Guest knudsen81
I do, i'm not after an N1. I would rather wait for the Bravo i like Sense too much to let it go ATM even though the updates are *slow*... For me even 1,5 + sense is better than 2.1 without it(personal preference!).

Yes there are a few what have got Nexus one from ebay here in denmark

Guest commodoor

I agree, i tried clean android (1.5, 2.0.1) but at the end i was using sense again :). it makes the final touch.

I bought one from Norway, it's really easy... :) All you have to do, is to use a proxy server in the US (or other countries where one can by the N1 from) to buy the phone... Then you ship it to an US address, like the one you can get from JetCarrier, and let them send the phone back to Norway.... Piece of cake... :-D

BTJ

Edited by BTJ

Guest commodoor
I bought one from Norway, it's really easy... :) All you have to do, is to use a proxy server in the US (or other countries where one can by the N1 from) to buy the phone... Then you ship it to an US address, like the one you can get from JetCarrier, and let them send the phone back to Norway.... Piece of cake... :-D

BTJ

Is that safe?? what if something goes wrong. not living in norway, but just curious.

Is that safe?? what if something goes wrong. not living in norway, but just curious.

Yes, it apparantly is... JetCarrier is a company that started 8-9 year ago so we Scandinavians can order stuff from US, the stuff that is only sent to an US address, and a lot of people have been using them without any problems... Their main office is here in Norway...

BTJ

Guest Rubber Ducky

Isn't that the old kernel???

The kernel for sprint hero is from 2010, the kernel for normal hero is from 2009.

I thought there was a new kernel to be released (2.6.29).

Guest Trekster2000
Isn't that the old kernel???

The kernel for sprint hero is from 2010, the kernel for normal hero is from 2009.

I thought there was a new kernel to be released (2.6.29).

The 2.6.29 kernel is the Eclair kernel and is to be released with their update(feb-march). The sprint hero uses the same (AFAIK) 2.6.27 kernel as the normal Hero.

BTJ

Awsome takker mannen

forget it..by the time hero gets 2.1 it ll be a grandpa phone and everyone would have moved on...this is a rather poor demonstration of HTC software support...not sure if i ever wanna get HTC own brand phone after this..i mean 1.5 is 3 generation behind Nexus One!!