AOSP Eclair 2.1 r4 for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest jnwhiteh

Guest nuumuun
What apps are you unable to see? Your network location has absolutely NOTHING to do with the market. You should have 0 market issues with my ROM. Please let me know what issue you're having.

i was referring to the Hik@Ri rom :)

sorry for the confusion.

no market issues with your AOSP rom whatsoever!

Edited by nuumuun

Guest pillock
When this build goes main i'll rustle up an online kitchen for it. :)

P

COOL!

I've been toying between MCR (and more recently MCCR) and AOSP, I love the kitchen but I also love the vanilla Android experience. Short of a Harry-Hill style fight I couldn't decide which one to stick with, but this seems the best of both worlds :)

I doff my cap to you, Paul.

Guest jnwhiteh
does 2.1 have camera working at 5mp and google gps location working?

No HTC Hero 2.x ROM has camera working reliably at anything over 2MP. This is because we don't have proper drivers, or haven't quite figured out what we need to do next. When one has it, they'll all have it.

As for 'Google GPS Location', I don't know what you mean. Either you're using the NetworkLocation.apk to get your location based on the wifi access points you are near (this works), cell towers (this doesn't work) or you're using GPS. They're distinct things.

Hope that answers your questions.

Guest ermacwins
No HTC Hero 2.x ROM has camera working reliably at anything over 2MP. This is because we don't have proper drivers, or haven't quite figured out what we need to do next. When one has it, they'll all have it.

As for 'Google GPS Location', I don't know what you mean. Either you're using the NetworkLocation.apk to get your location based on the wifi access points you are near (this works), cell towers (this doesn't work) or you're using GPS. They're distinct things.

Hope that answers your questions.

was reading that lox said you are getting somewhere with a hack on the 2.1 rom..........

Guest J.L. Bloem

Ahoy there,

I really like this ROM, very clean and functional compared to the HTC ROM's. However, i encountered a few issues, and before you start: already tried to search for the answer, without succes.

-> Google Voice Search isn't working (it does on KaguDroid 1.0. )

-> Is there a way to adjust the amount of homescreens? There's only three, couldnt find an option in the settings.

Keep up the good work though, it runs like a charm.

Guest String Theory
<br />Surprise, 2.1 dropped! Consider this the official release of 'AOSP-Eclair-2.1-jnwhiteh'. Let me know how it works for you!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Is this stable? If no, why dropping the pretty stable Eclair-build for this?

Guest String Theory

Sorry.. I'm an absolute ass today :) But besides of that, wouldn't it be nice to just have the older build as an alternative?

But, don't get me wrong, I absolutely enjoy your work for the Android/Hero-Community! Keep up the good work!

Guest jnwhiteh
Sorry.. I'm an absolute ass today :) But besides of that, wouldn't it be nice to just have the older build as an alternative?

But, don't get me wrong, I absolutely enjoy your work for the Android/Hero-Community! Keep up the good work!

Why would we use the old code when the new code is available? The download files are still there, you're happy to continue using them... I just won't be doing anything with them.

Guest Stea1thmode
does this rom have GPS/Google Nav working? (outside us for nav)

its not included but the 'workaround' should work

edit:it worked

Edited by Stea1thmode

Guest String Theory
Why would we use the old code when the new code is available? The download files are still there, you're happy to continue using them... I just won't be doing anything with them.

You're right... I should leave the old stuff behind me, be adventurous :)

Guest jnwhiteh
does this rom have GPS/Google Nav working? (outside us for nav)

GPS works.. as listed in the first post. Google navigation, the street view stuff is on here, but you'll need to use the 'workaround' to get it working for you.

Guest jnwhiteh
You're right... I should leave the old stuff behind me, be adventurous :)

Well, I don't consider this adventurous. It's more stable than the previous one, as long as you only use it the same way you used the old one. If you want adventure.. get into Live Wallpapers.. but selecting one will soft reboot your phone.. but eventually work. It's much nicer than the previous ROM, because its not 'unfinished' code like '2.0' was.

Guest jnwhiteh
Is A2SD working? How can I enable it?

To be honest, I don't know because I don't use it. You could enable it by doing the following:

adb remount

adb shell apps2sd

Then on your next reboot, you'll want to view logcat to see if there are any issues or errors. From what I understand (this is Lox's script) you should be able to enable/disable at your leisure.

Guest jnwhiteh

Googlebits-1.3 just showed up, and it now includes VoiceSearch. In theory it's the voice application that works with the keyboard as well, so you could try downloading LatinIME.apk from a nexus build if you're really adventurous.

To be honest, I don't know because I don't use it. You could enable it by doing the following:

adb remount

adb shell apps2sd

Then on your next reboot, you'll want to view logcat to see if there are any issues or errors. From what I understand (this is Lox's script) you should be able to enable/disable at your leisure.

C:\Users\*****\Des

Enabling apps2sd.

Done. Please reboot.

Rebooted now and none of my apps showed up. Great ROM, gonna try it for a few days.

Where can I find the logcat?

Edited by Jeppfi