AOSP Eclair 2.1 r4 for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest jnwhiteh

Guest ermacwins

just a quick question on htc firmware if i hold volume down all the way, it goes to vibrate but on aosp it goes to silent, it possible for you to change it to vibrate?

Guest Prime61071

Network location using cell towers working :)

I pulled the libhtc_ril.so file from Paul's Nexus One flash zip and uploaded it to my Hero and I'm happy to confirm network location is working!

The file you need is here:

http://depositfiles.com/files/4dff2rl1x

You'll need to do the following:

download and unzip the file I've posted above

adb pull /system/lib/libhtc_ril.so (to a backup directory of your choice)

adb remount

change to the directory where you've unzipped the downloaded file

adb push libhtc_ril.so /system/lib

adb reboot

Almost forgot to say, thanks so much for the ROM jnwhiteh, absolutely love it!

post-639030-1264162826_thumb.png

Edited by Prime61071

Guest bryanchapman9999

I pulled the libhtc_ril.so file from Paul's Nexus One flash zip and uploaded it to my Hero and I'm happy to confirm network location is working!

adb remount

adb reboot

Fantastic!! Can confirm working on Vodafone UK

Many thanks to everyone!

Bryan

At the weekend I'm going to see whether I can get some of the HTC apps working on this rom, specifically HTC mail for exchange from one of the leaked roms. I like sense UI, but I only need a few bits of it.

Edited by ritdaw

Guest kieranc
The light is NOT always green.. the light is amber until about 90% charge when it turns green. This is the default and correct behavior.

i disagree, mine stays green for the entire charge too. and for notifications.

otherwise however this rom rules, not experiencing any other issues :) thanks!

Guest surfsmurf

Confirmed in Denmark on Telmore/TDC network. Quick, somebody local buy that man a beer :-D

Guest jnwhiteh
just reporting on live wallapapers

nexus 1 chokes the phone. galaxy they need restart

starfield doesnt work but works on ckdroid rom

also gps not working here for when i try to use a compass

oh and is this rooted?

GPS has nothing to do with Compass.. please tell me what you're trying to do. Yes, it is rooted.

Guest jnwhiteh

adb remount

adb reboot

Awesome mate, will put this in immediately!

Guest jnwhiteh
I can also confirm issues using Nandroid and Bart from RA-Recovery-1.5.2.

Error : Run 'nandroid-backup.sh' via adb!

I had similar issues with r4 of the AOSP 2.0.1 series, but not with kagudroid.

I can confirm neither of these issues, and Kagudroid is BASED on this ROM. Not really sure what to tell you. Go run nandroid-backup.sh and see what it says.

Guest jnwhiteh
just a quick question on htc firmware if i hold volume down all the way, it goes to vibrate but on aosp it goes to silent, it possible for you to change it to vibrate?

Not trivially no, at the moment. HTC's modifications have always been a bit hard to find just how they accomplished them.

Guest vorcigernix
=) it's working but =) mixed up icons or not fit into Hero screen =)

well, it is not...you can't use it unless u re total freak..you can say that gallery is working with some issues, but not this

Guest teknologist

Great work with this ROM ! If you want AOSP 2.1 on your Hero, this is definitely the ROM to get.

One thing I had to do to get apps2sd working...Had to manually create the /system/sd directory

adb remount

adb shell mkdir /system/sd

adb shell apps2sd on

reboot phone

wait on first boot (can take a long time depending on number of apps installed on SD ~ 10minutes on mine)

Congratulations for the great work !

Cheers!

[EDIT] If you are upgrading from a 1.5 based ROM I strongly recommend you wipe SD-EXT partition prior to enabling apps2sd as some apps won't work and in my case it even broke the ROM, had to nandroid restore.

Edited by teknologist

Guest nuumuun

finally! :)

thank you so much!

Guest surfsmurf

Does anyone have Latitude working in Google Maps on 2.1 r1? When I select Join Latitude from the menu, a box with the text "Login failed" appears almost instantaneously, at the same time logcat displays:

I/ActivityManager(   86): Starting activity: Intent { flg=0x10000000 cmp=com.google.android.apps.maps/com.google.googlenav.android.AndroidLoginActivity }

I/ActivityManager(   86): Displayed activity com.google.android.apps.maps/com.google.googlenav.android.AndroidLoginActivity: 318 ms (total 318 ms)

I/ActivityManager(   86): Starting activity: Intent { flg=0x10000000 cmp=com.google.android.apps.maps/com.google.googlenav.android.AndroidLoginActivity (has extras) }

I/NotificationService(   86): enqueueToast pkg=com.google.android.apps.maps callback=android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@43fb9288 duration=1

I/ActivityManager(   86): Displayed activity com.google.android.apps.maps/com.google.googlenav.android.AndroidLoginActivity: 332 ms (total 332 ms)

Edited by surfsmurf

Guest Vido.Ardes

Give that man a hat! Awesome, now I can really use this ROM everyday without any problems (I was missing locale :) )

Guest kieranc
Give that man a hat! Awesome, now I can really use this ROM everyday without any problems (I was missing locale :) )

i think i must be missing something about locale, i've seen it mentioned a lot but never how it's used. can it change BT/wifi state when you leave a certain wifi area? that's the impression I've got, no idea how to achieve it though...

edit: found it. paid only, no trial.. no chance.

Edited by kieranc

Guest KillerBOB

Fantastic! And thank you jnwhiteh for this superb aosp 2.1 ROM! I will use it as my everyday rom for a while to test everything out.

Guest bryanchapman9999
Does anyone have Latitude working in Google Maps on 2.1 r1? When I select Join Latitude from the menu, a box with the text "Login failed" appears almost instantaneously, at the same time logcat displays:

I/ActivityManager(   86): Starting activity: Intent { flg=0x10000000 cmp=com.google.android.apps.maps/com.google.googlenav.android.AndroidLoginActivity }

I/ActivityManager(   86): Displayed activity com.google.android.apps.maps/com.google.googlenav.android.AndroidLoginActivity: 318 ms (total 318 ms)

I/ActivityManager(   86): Starting activity: Intent { flg=0x10000000 cmp=com.google.android.apps.maps/com.google.googlenav.android.AndroidLoginActivity (has extras) }

I/NotificationService(   86): enqueueToast pkg=com.google.android.apps.maps callback=android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@43fb9288 duration=1

I/ActivityManager(   86): Displayed activity com.google.android.apps.maps/com.google.googlenav.android.AndroidLoginActivity: 332 ms (total 332 ms)

I've got the same.

Guest String Theory

Prime is the man! Awesome fix! The rom is getting better and better! I hope someone works out a fix for the Google Apps syncissue aswell!!!

Way 2 go lads!

Edited by String Theory

Confirmed here, in France, with Network Operator Bouygues Telecom.

Thank you man !

PS : I confirm that, while in charge, the LED is always green, never orange. This was not the case with prior ROM, where the LED was orange, and turned green as soon as charge reached 90%

Edited by leinad

Guest ermacwins
GPS has nothing to do with Compass.. please tell me what you're trying to do. Yes, it is rooted.

when i run googlemaps it never locates me and when i use a compass app to find say southeast direction it doesnt move

does primes fix, fix the google location?