AOSP Eclair 2.1 r4 for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest jnwhiteh

Guest Callum MR
It's possible, I'll be updating to master and pulling in new source as it becomes available.. so we'll see.

I don't know why any Hero user uses A2SD, and I haven't tested.

A few of the newer, fully-3D games are upwards of 10-15MB. Along with other apps it can add up, and with my class 6 it does seem faster (although that could always be a placebo effect). Any idea what the executable/commands to enable it would be? Cheers.

Edited by Callum MR

Guest jnwhiteh
A few of the newer, fully-3D games are upwards of 10-15MB. Along with other apps it can add up, and with my class 6 it does seem faster (although that could always be a placebo effect). Any idea what the executable/commands to enable it would be? Cheers.

adb shell apps2sd on

adb shell reboot

or

adb shell apps2sd off

adb shell reboot

Guest Vido.Ardes
Yes, yes, I meant Cell location, rather than GPS. Stupid of me =) If you get a chance to test KaguDroid and HERO21, I'd be interested to see if it works there.

I have just tried it with KaguDroid and it didn't work, tried MoDaCo 3.1 and it did, Reflashed this ROM and it doesn't work. Shame, an annoying blip in an otherwise great ROM.

Guest Callum MR
adb shell apps2sd on

adb shell reboot

or

adb shell apps2sd off

adb shell reboot

Awesome, thanks very much :) The ROM as a whole is running brilliantly so far.

Guest jnwhiteh
I have just tried it with KaguDroid and it didn't work, tried MoDaCo 3.1 and it did, Reflashed this ROM and it doesn't work. Shame, an annoying blip in an otherwise great ROM.

Well 1.5 differs so drastically from 2.0 that that doesn't surprise me. HERO21 would be another good test, since its based on something different than either of the other two.

Guest jnwhiteh
Yes, I have read it but I didn't understand the terms :)

If I have R2 installed, it is recomended installing R4?

I won't support you if you're not, so yes =). It sucks when I fix problems and people report them weeks later because they haven't updated :)

Guest pillock
Again, it's worked for me everywhere I've been. Are you sure its not just your location that's having issues? I can't do anything to 'fix' this because I can't reproduce it, so you're going to have to do the digging and testing.

OK, I can do that :)

It's not a location issue, MCR2.8 and 2.9 could both pull location from cell data fine so I'm pretty sure it's a ROM thing. I'm still convinced that one of the 2.x ROMs I've tried (and I've tried them all, I believe) had networklocation working, since I use Locale to turn off my ringer at work which is defined by cell location, not GPS or WiFi and I know I was using Eclair at work for a few weeks.

I'm going to finish installing the few bits I want onto this ROM, do a nandroid, and then try flashing every ROM I can get my hands on to see which do and don't work. I've already tried going back to the next most recent radio in case that broke it, but it's the same situation.

I'll report back when I've tried a few. Thanks for the response.

Guest Vido.Ardes
Well 1.5 differs so drastically from 2.0 that that doesn't surprise me. HERO21 would be another good test, since its based on something different than either of the other two.

Just for info I just tried HERO21 1.8 and that didn't work.

I have network-location issues, too... like with every 2.x ROM i tried :) .

Here the other ROMs i´ve tried so far i can remember:

- Kagudroid 1.0

- aosp21_eugene_manup_jnwhiteh_r5.zip

- aosp21_eugene_manup_jnwhiteh_r6.zip

- Hero/Espresso Hybrid - v1.1 - Android 2.1

- HERO21 Community (version 1.8) GSM by Lox & Behnaam

- AOSP-Eclair-2.0 (version beta1) by Lox

Radio i tried with these ROMs is

63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26

with one or two 2.x roms i tried also

63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29

Every install has been clean and wiped.

Maik

Edited by Maik_B

Guest jnwhiteh
I have network-location issues, too... like with every 2.x ROM i tried :) .

Here the other ROMs i´ve tried so far i can remember:

- Kagudroid 1.0

- aosp21_eugene_manup_jnwhiteh_r5.zip

- aosp21_eugene_manup_jnwhiteh_r6.zip

- Hero/Espresso Hybrid - v1.1 - Android 2.1

- HERO21 Community (version 1.8) GSM by Lox & Behnaam

- AOSP-Eclair-2.0 (version beta1) by Lox

Radio i tried with these ROMs is

63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26

with one or two 2.x roms i tried also

63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29

Every install has been clean and wiped.

Maik

Well if all 2.x ROMS have it (I suspect this may be the case) maybe we can find some fix for it.

Guest Sustanon

Hi,

What application it is??

Sorry, computer problem,

edit

What gallery application it is?? I have seen similar in kangudroid rom. 

Edited by Sustanon

QUOTE(pcs333 @ Jan 14 2010, 16:32) post_snapback.giffor some reason my charging light is green while charging, its orange on other roms like you state, dont know why i`m getting this issue.

very strange

Bizarre.. let me know what you find out.

just seen on the kagudroid wave that this is an issue on that rom as well, it turns green before the phone is fully charged.

Guest Oletros
just seen on the kagudroid wave that this is an issue on that rom as well, it turns green before the phone is fully charged.

The light turns green at 90% of charge, it's normal

Guest isMaskin

Will leave the phone fully charged over night to see if something drains the battery. I really want this rom to be perfect so will try and help with testing as much as possible.

Edited by isMaskin

Guest jnwhiteh
Will leave the phone fully charged over night to see if something drains the battery. I really want this rom to be perfect so will try and help with testing as much as possible.

I'm draining mine right now in fairly bad conditions (my house does not get cell signal very well, so it drains looking and swapping networks constantly. This should give us a fairly worse case scenario. I'm leaving wifi up the entire time, and using it when I need it. This should simulate 'standby' time, roughly.

Guest raskall

Why do you need it to be perfect to be testing? Testing is not necessary on something that is perfect. It is the testing that helps make things perfekt.

Edit: Never mind. I understood what you meant after reading your poste twice more.

Edited by raskall

Guest pillock

Fixed NetworkLocation issues I was having

I'm quite chufffed as I've never fixed anything before, I waited till someone else did :)

As with a few other people, NetworkLocation wasn't working at all. Locale even said it was 'unavailable' instead of just failing to get a fix. I was convinced that I'd had it working on a previous Eclair ROM so I extracted NetworkLocation.apk from one of the first ones I tried - aosp21_eugene_manup_jnwhiteh.

I went to compare this to the version in /system/app on my phone and found it wasn't even there :)

So I pushed it over with adb, reboot, start Locale and it came up with the green tick to say it could use cell location, where it had been a cross before. Tried getting my current location, it got a fix in 4 seconds flat with my address correct to a couple of house numbers.

Push NetworkLocation.apk from aosp21_eugene_manup_jnwhiteh.zip to /system/app

Can the other affected people give this a go and report back?

:)

Edit: I typed the wrong source .zip for the NetworkLocation! Corrected above. If anyone needs this file on its own, I've put it on Rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/files/335788586/NetworkLocation.apk

Edited by pillock

Fixed NetworkLocation issues I was having

I'm quite chufffed as I've never fixed anything before, I waited till someone else did :)

As with a few other people, NetworkLocation wasn't working at all. Locale even said it was 'unavailable' instead of just failing to get a fix. I was convinced that I'd had it working on a previous Eclair ROM so I extracted NetworkLocation.apk from one of the first ones I tried - aosp_community_hero-jnwhiteh-r4.

I went to compare this to the version in /system/app on my phone and found it wasn't even there :)

So I pushed it over with adb, reboot, start Locale and it came up with the green tick to say it could use cell location, where it had been a cross before. Tried getting my current location, it got a fix in 4 seconds flat with my address correct to a couple of house numbers.

Push NetworkLocation.apk from aosp_community_hero-jnwhiteh-r4.zip to /system/app

Can the other affected people give this a go and report back?

:)

Oh, wicked.... never checked network-location functionality with Locale. I always used Google Maps.

So i pushed the networklocation.apk like described above, rebootet, opened Google Maps > Menu > Find my Position... then a little messagebox says after a few seconds "Your Position can´t be found..." or something like that. Now i tried Locale and here my location is available, but in Google Maps my location by cell it's not.

That would mean this Google Maps Version is broken, right?

But i guess it´s working 2.x devices like milestone or Nexus. Is it a problem to push a networklocation.apk from one of these Roms?

Maik

Edited by Maik_B

Guest jnwhiteh
Oh, wicked.... never checked network-location functionality with Locale. I always used Google Maps.

So i pushed the networklocation.apk like described above, rebootet, opened Google Maps > Menu > Find my Position... then a little messagebox says after a few seconds "Your Position can´t be found..." or something like that. Now i tried Locale and here my location is available, but in Google Maps my location by cell it's not.

That would mean this Google Maps Version is broken, right?

Maik

No, that's not really how it works. Either your location is available, or it isn't. For what it's worth that apk works for me in all applications, thanks a bunch pillock!

No, that's not really how it works. Either your location is available, or it isn't. For what it's worth that apk works for me in all applications, thanks a bunch pillock!

Well, not for me. I switched several times between Google maps and locale and i always have a no-go on Maps and a go on locale... i will push an older google maps version now and see what happens.

Push NetworkLocation.apk from aosp_community_hero-jnwhiteh-r4.zip to /system/app

Could you please upload this working NetworkLocation.apk somewhere ?

I can't find any NetworkLocation.apk in this zip file ; furthermore, I found one in googlebits-hero-signed.zip.

PS : Does it make any difference, for an apk file, to "adb push" it, or to install it from the SD Card ?

Edited by leinad