Phone stuck on HTC screen after flash

Guest IZIIZI

So I decided to do a wipe then instal 3.1 again. After the reboot I used my backup pro to restore data/apps. when i did htc errord so decided to reboot. now my phone is stuck on HTC screen for about 30 mins now.

if I pull battery will i brick it? how long can it take?

So I decided to do a wipe then instal 3.1 again. After the reboot I used my backup pro to restore data/apps. when i did htc errord so decided to reboot. now my phone is stuck on HTC screen for about 30 mins now.

if I pull battery will i brick it? how long can it take?

i don't think anything will change, 30 minutes is way over the limit. if you want to know what is happening plug in the usb cable and execute "adb logcat" on your pc.

you can pull the battery on the htc screen, it is loaded way into the operating system and some app is causing trouble. i'd suggest wipe, reflash, reboot like three times to see it works, restore the backup and see if that works. reboot immediately after restoring the backup, even if there are no errors.

i don't think anything will change, 30 minutes is way over the limit. if you want to know what is happening plug in the usb cable and execute "adb logcat" on your pc.

you can pull the battery on the htc screen, it is loaded way into the operating system and some app is causing trouble. i'd suggest wipe, reflash, reboot like three times to see it works, restore the backup and see if that works. reboot immediately after restoring the backup, even if there are no errors.

thanks for the reply.

can you point me in the direction of a post / article / blog on how to use terminal with hero? which software do i need on my PC to do abd commands?

I just did another update... now been waiting about 15 mins again.

just thought forgot to do a wipe before applying update last time. will try that.

Edited by IZIIZI