Nexus One Camera Issue: Cloudy Red Blur in Middle

Guest superwario

Guest superwario

Nexus One Camera Issue: Cloudy Red Blur in Middle Hey guys,

When I am taking pictures or video, there is always a light patch of opaque red that is in the middle of the screen, covering alot of real estate. This patch shows up in the pictures I take as well.

Does anyone else have this problem? It is pretty annoying and was wondering if I am alone in this issue.

Samples:

Imageshack - 20100113190244

Imageshack - 20100113190212

Imageshack - 20100113190233 user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gifedit.gif

When I am taking pictures or video, there is always a light patch of opaque red that is in the middle of the screen, covering alot of real estate. This patch shows up in the pictures I take as well.

Does anyone else have this problem? It is pretty annoying and was wondering if I am alone in this issue.

Samples:

My pics don't do that. Maybe wipe the lens of the camera with the cover off?

Guest and-ros

Samples:

This is normal for HTC cameras. They have that pink tint in the middle. This seems to be a hardware failure.

Guest Sofakingwhat

Samples:

Mine does that too, i just didn't notice until i saw your pictures. If you hadn't mentioned it i would never have noticed. Thanks! :)

Guest packetlss

Samples:

Don't have the problem on my N1, but I've seen other people reporting it.

Guest markdotpeters5

Happens on my N1 - Have reported it to HTC, so I expect to see a patch a la HD2 - which will probably just do some post processing on the image, but let's see what they say first I suppose.

Guest Shuflie
I was certain I saw something on the web to the effect that the pink problem had been completely solved on the N1 as Google did not want their flagship tainted by the poor rep HTC cameras had!I hope this is just a one off

I get it on mine too, but as the google post says its already been fixed and should roll out in an update at some stage. I wonder if the update would appear any quicker if people started return their phones to HTC because of it?