Audio in video recording

Guest AndyCarroll
I also had to add DWORD AudioNormalCodec but with the setting of 0 I only get 8khz AMR (far from the 32khz-2ch) and with the setting of 1 I get MPEG4 AAC 16000Hz 1ch. What am I doing wrong? B)

thanks

Nothing wrong :)

I suppose that 16kHz AAC is right.

First I used MediaInfo that showed 32kHz stereo, then GSpot showed 16kHz mono (1 channel). Every other player confirmed that the video IS 16kHz mono.

AMR is 8kHz mono (one channel) thats right.

Sadly we cannot use AAC with better sampling frequency and bitrate, at least noone knows how to change it. Sound quality is very bad.

Guest AndyCarroll
is there a cab file who can do that better ? :)

I guess it's possible. There are plenty of cab files to change different registry settings. Unfortunately I have no idea how to make such cab.

What comes to menu settings for AMR or AAC I don't believe it's doable. If there is separate registry DWORD (like "SupportFrontCamera") or data in RecSet what adds "missing icon" to the menu, kind of hidden setting. Who knows..

Edited by AndyCarroll

Thank you AndyCarroll!

I was also wondering if anyone has tried the 120 fps at 720x480 tweak. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned that it worked on his Omnia HD. If anyone with an Omnia II has succeeded please share - that would be awesome!!!

Guest AndyCarroll

Found another interesting thing.

If you change in RecSet first two bytes to 07 07 then you can shoot 800x480 video. There would be even 800x480 icon instead of 720x480 on cameras UI ;) Unfortunately bitrate is very low and video quality is poor.

Internal TouchPlayer cannot play this file (unsupported resolution) but we can view it when copied to computer.

Now...how to rise bitrate?

"High Quality" or "0" in HKCU/Software/Samsung/Camera/VideoQuality isn't enough.

Edited by AndyCarroll

Guest AndyCarroll
as i said, 720x480 slow mode is possible on omnia II / b7610, you have just to read back this thread to find how to : )

Nope, it doesn't work on my Omnia2.

SlowMode 720x480 and 640x480 gives only corrupted picture and finally disables camera module.

Maybe I have too "old" ROM...

PDA: I8000NXXIJC

CSC: I8000SEBIJC

PHONE: I8000XXIJ3

Guest daskalos

About the audio...For Omnia b7610 users...

Have all of you notice that there are two mics in b7610, one in the bottom and one on the top part....

I read somewhere that the other mic only works when video recording, but I'm still in doubt if it is really a mic ;)

So if we succeed in finding the right registry to improve audio in video recording, not only we will have have high quality audio, but also omni-directional recording or even stereo... (just like in the old Nokia N93)

Yet can anyone confirm if the other "mic" works?

Edited by daskalos

• 10 months later...
Guest ray1234
Interesting thread. Anyone still playing around trying to improve FPS?

What's wrong with the FPS? I thought the above is just trying to improve the functionality only.

If you're talking about the duplicated frame issue in video (which gives a stutter video once in a few seconds), that is resolved already by doing either one of the following :

1) save your video to main memory rather than My Storage or Storage Card; or

2) overclock your CPU