3 Roaming on Orange?

Guest chrisspann

Guest chrisspann

Right, potential stupid question time:

On 3, When I don't get any of their signal, it roams to (I believe) Orange - Now, on my old phones this has been a "behind the scenes" change - ie nothing really changes to indicate this.

However, on the Pulse the signal indicator gets a great big 'R' in it - I just want to check I won't be charged the insane roaming charges?

Also, when I roam to Orange I can't seem to use the 2g data service - I get the little warning arrow in the notification area to tell me that I've got no data connection.

I'm well aware that this might just be me being a thick, but if anyone's got any ideas, that'd be good.

Guest Calamity James

I know that by default in the settings "Data roaming" is disabled, maybe enabling that would sort it if the Pulse thinks you're roaming? Settings > Wireless controls > Mobile networks > Data roaming

Funnily enough, I'd just thought the same thing.

Dont worry I am on 3 as well I did have a 3 branded mobile do the same and also I have been using the phone since November with no additional charges from them!

Cool, thanks. Does yours roam back to 3G when it's got signal though? I'm not sure if mine is...

Yeah mine seems to switch back to 3G regularly with out issue I am using the U8230 1.7 MCR.