Contact Huawei to request Android Update

Guest robot1000

Guest robot1000

Please email Huawei at [email protected] requesting for a software update. Please be polite and hopefully they'll listen to their customers.

This is the response I got back from them today, after enquiring about whether they'll be updating the android software:

dear customer

may be or may not ,but we will give a feedback to the department responsible for it

thank you

EDIT

After speaking with the UK Huawei centre, they've advised me to also contact the following email address:

[email protected]

EDIT (12:30 15/01)

Their Response:

Hi,

We are planning to develop the ROM 2.0 and 2.1, the ROM 2.0 may be released before April and at the same time we need to get approval from T-Mobile.

Customers can get this information from the T-Mobile website when the new firmware is released and approved by T-Mobile.

Many thanks.

Edited by robot1000

Please email Huawei at [email protected] requesting for a software update. Please be polite and hopefully they'll listen to their customers.

This is the response I got back from them today, after enquiring about whether they'll be updating the android software:

Email sent

Sending email now I will let you know if I get any reply!

Guest chris9181

Email sent

I've sent my email too, I don't see Huawei rushing with an update though, it is starting to look like the u8220 was pushed out as a test, just to see if their first Android phone could withstand the EU Market.

Don't want to be to pessimistic, but as a big company Huawei MUST HAVE a long term plans and the only reason i can see why they don't want to give definite answer now is simply because they don't want to lose potential buyers before "Pulse 2.0" enter the market...

Still, hope I'm wrong .

Guest david_dawkins
Don't want to be to pessimistic, but as a big company Huawei MUST HAVE a long term plans and the only reason i can see why they don't want to give definite answer now is simply because they don't want to lose potential buyers before "Pulse 2.0" enter the market...

Still, hope I'm wrong .

I'd like to think that a hardware manufacturer will rely on hardware specs to make their next product more attractive. How crap would Pulse 2.0 be if *all* it offered was Android 2.x?

Guest Sengadog

Sent one too. I have asked also where you can get batteries from and also if they would issue an official update to remove TMob branding from the phone. I know it can be done unofficially.

Edited by Sengadog

Guest MrJoshua

Sent!

:)

Guest flash2004

Email sent.. here is the template if anybody is interested :))

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Tmobile Pulse (u8220), and find it to be a really good mobile. I am really a very happy customer. However I see that other android handset manufacturers have moved on to Android 2.0 or 2.1. When are you going to release a compatible ROM 2.1 (or 2.0) for the u8220 mobile users like me ? Because of this we are missing out on a lot of great features offered by android. Hope my request is not falling on deaf ears. Hoping to receive a positive acknowledgement from you.

Regards,